Downtown Parking Permits
Parking permits are ideal for car owners who need a place to routinely park in the downtown business district. Parking spots are available for much less than the daily meter rate.
Apply for a new parking permit:
- In person at the Finance Department in City Hall at 210 Lottie Street,
Monday to Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
For information on parking permits, click here: Parking Permits FAQ
Pay For Existing Parking Permit Fee
Update Current Parking Permit
Updates to your current parking permit account, such as vehicle or contact changes, can be made:
Residential Parking Permits
A residential parking zone has been established for certain streets
within the city limits of Bellingham. To find out if your street is included
in any of the zones, review the
residential parking zone section
11.38 of the Municipal Code for a list of the
streets and rules governing the residential parking zones within the City.
Commercial Parking Permits
The City of Bellingham offers Mechanics Vehicle Permits. This allows contractors and other tradespeople who frequently work downtown to park without paying meter or pay station fees while performing trade.
- Cost: $250 per year per permit. Rate covers January through December and is not prorated. Can submit one application for multiple permits.
- Permit can be shared by vehicles with the same company signage. Signage is to be permanent.
- Virtual permits are used, meaning hangtags are not needed. Vehicle license plates are scanned to confirm permits.
- Purchase a permit from Parking Services in the Finance Department at City Hall, 210 Lottie St., in person or by mailing a completed application and check payable to the:
- City of Bellingham
210 Lottie Street
Bellingham, WA 98225
Contact City of Bellingham Parking Services at (360) 778-7780 or email@example.com. We are located in the Finance Office of City Hall at 210 Lottie Street.