Downtown Parking Permits
Parking permits are ideal for car owners who need a place to routinely park in the downtown business district. Parking spots are available for much less than the daily meter rate.
Apply for a new parking permit:
- In person at the Finance Department in City Hall at 210 Lottie Street,
Monday to Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
For information on parking permits, click here: Parking Permits Information
Pay For Existing Parking Permit Fee
Update Current Parking Permit
Make permanent or temporary changes to your vehicle or contact information:
- Via the Online Customer Portal.
- If you do not have customer portal access, email email@example.com with your name, permit or customer number if known, the vehicle license plate number, and vehicle description. Please let us know whether this is a permanent or temporary vehicle change. If temporary, include how long you will be parking this vehicle. We will update your permit record in the parking system so the vehicle will register as being permitted.
- In person at City Hall.
Residential Parking Permits
A residential parking zone has been established for certain streets within the city limits of Bellingham. To find out if your street is included in any of the zones, review the
residential parking zone section of the Municipal Code for a list of the streets and rules governing the residential parking zones within the City.
Commercial Parking Permits
The City of Bellingham offers
Mechanics Vehicle Permits. This allows contractors and other tradespeople who frequently work downtown to park without paying meter or pay station fees while performing trade.
- Cost: $250 per year per permit. Rate covers January through December and is not prorated. Can submit one application for multiple permits.
- Permit can be shared by vehicles with the same company signage. Signage is to be permanent.
- Virtual permits are used, meaning hangtags are not needed. Vehicle license plates are scanned to confirm permits.
- Purchase a permit from Parking Services in the Finance Department at City Hall, 210 Lottie St., in person or by mailing a
completed application and check payable to the:
City of Bellingham
210 Lottie Street
Bellingham, WA 98225
Contact City of Bellingham Parking Services at (360) 778-7780 or
firstname.lastname@example.org. We are located in the Finance Office of City Hall at 210 Lottie Street.