Get your green on and join us in celebrating St. Paddy's Day with a run/walk downtown then stick around for the Bellingham St. Patrick's Day Parade.
The March 14, 2020 event has been canceled due to the Whatcom County Health Department Declaration of Emergency. Refunds will be processed to program participants within 30 days.
Register early to get the best rates!
November - December $15
Day of Race $35
Kids 12 & under: $5 (no shirt, kids in strollers are free)
Race Distance and Start Time
There are two distances from which to choose:
- 5 Klick (approx. 3 miles)
- 8 Klick (approx. 5 miles)
Both events start at 10 a.m.
Past Race Photos
Bellingham Parks & Recreation is in need of volunteers to make this growing and ever-popular special event take place. This is a great community gathering for kids of all ages. We are looking for approximately 50 volunteers to make this fun morning continue to be such a huge success. As a volunteer you can help with registration, start line, finish line, refreshments, course support, or many other aspects of the run and festivities afterwards. For more information contact Lance Romo at (360) 778-7000 or e-mail
Male and Female 10 & under, 11-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-18, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
Frequently Asked Questions
Pick up your shirt, number and other goodies at BBay Running 1431 N. State St. between 3 pm - 7 pm the Friday before race day.
- Late packet pickup is at the Boundary Bay Bistro Garden (1107 Railroad Ave) Enter via the alley.
- ID is required.
- Registration will be available at early packet pick up - assuming the event hasn't reached its max (1200).
Can I pick up someone else's packet?
You can pick up someone else's packet provided you have a signed note from them.
Can I bring a stroller?
Yes - please start with the appropriate pace group. This means if you look around to discover all the people surrounding you are way faster - back up. If they're way slower - move forward.
Can I bring a dog?
Sorry, no animals allowed.
Where is the start/finish?
Start: The event starts on the 1000 block of Cornwall Ave. Walking distance from the race HQ at the Boundary Bistro Garden (1107 Railroad Ave.).
Finish: The event finishes on the 1000 block of Railroad Ave.
What's the course?
The best method to see the course would be to look at one of the maps linked from this page.
- The course is a combination of public roads and Bellingham Parks & Recreation crushed limestone paths.
- The roads will be secured with the help certified flaggers and volunteers.
- As an alternate solution you could follow the big white arrows and crowds of people. The tricky bit is where the 5K & 8K courses split.
- 5K - turn right at the gorilla.
- 8K - go forward at the gorilla.
- Day of race registration is available until the event maximum is reached (1200).
- There's lots of street parking in the downtown area and in gravel lots on the 1000 block of Cornwall Ave.
- There are 398 parking spaces at the Commercial Street Parking Garage (1300 Commercial St.) it's free on weekends and, according to Google is, .3 miles from the event.
- There are pay lots very close to the start finish.
How does timing work?
There's a small chip in the race number that triggers a box to link that chip with a given participants start time and another at the end triggering a finish time.
Is there a time limit?
The official time limit is 1 hour. After an hour the course is no longer monitored, and finish times will not be recorded.
How do awards work?
- The top 3 male and female in each race awarded engraved trophy like products.
- There are 32 divisions where a person could conceivably finish in the top 3. There are no formal awards for these divisions.
- See divisions listed above.
- There will be draw prizes for all participants and volunteers. Must be present to win.
Where can I find results?
Results will be posted at the event. They will also be posted on-line at the following.
If there are issues with results please contact Lance Romo at Lromo@cob.org.
Where can I find pictures? (they're free to download)
Jon Brunk is the official race photographer. Pictures will be available at…
Please feel free to share your own photos via Facebook.com/BellinghamParks
Photos can be dowloaded. If you'd like a higher resolution photo please contact brunkphoto.com