Past Race Photos
Get your green on and join us in celebrating St. Paddy's Day with a run/walk downtown:
- Events will be a 5 klick walk/run (approx. 3 miles) and an 8 klick run (approx. 5 mi.).
- Both races will start and finish at the same location.
- Early packet pick up will be available at Bellingham Bay Running Club the day before the race.
- We will be providing an electronic Virtual Race Bag with coupons and other offers from our sponsors.
- We will continue to use chip timing and our new route from the Depot Market Square.
- Our fee structure has changed. Be sure to take advantage of early registration rates.
2018 Info TBA
Saturday, March 17, 2018
Registration Form (PDF)
Race Distance and Start Time
There are two distances from which to choose:
- 5 Klick (approx. 3 miles)
- 8 Klick (approx. 5 miles)
Both events start at 10 a.m.
Bellingham Parks & Recreation is in need of volunteers to make this growing and ever-popular special event take place. This is a great community gathering for kids of all ages. We are looking for approximately 50 volunteers to make this fun morning continue to be such a huge success. As a volunteer you can help with registration, start line, finish line, refreshments, course support, or many other aspects of the run and festivities afterwards. For more information contact Lance Romo at 778-7000 or e-mail
Male and Female 10 & under, 11-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-18, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
Frequently Asked Questions
Early packet pick-up.
- Pick up your shirt, number and other goodies at BBay Running (1431 N. State St.) between 2-7 p.m. the Friday before race day.
- Day of Race packet pickup is at the Boundary Bay Bistro Garden (1107 Railroad Ave) Enter via the alley.
- ID is required.
- Registration will be available at early packet pick up - assuming the event hasn't reached its max.
Can I bring a stroller?
- Yes, yes you can bring a stroller, but only if it contains a person.
- Please be sure to start with the appropriate pace group. This means if you look around to discover all the people surrounding you are way faster - back up. If they're way slower - move forward. We'll help get folks situated after we've finished herding cats.
Can I bring a dog?
- No, you can't bring a dog. No cats. No goats. Nothing with feathers and no ponies either. Non-croc/gator reptiles are OK.
- No, I don't care how well behaved it is. Connecting any two independent, fully mobile minds with a rope and then releasing them into a gaggle of people competing to complete a course for time is the definition of a bad idea - look it up.
- Note: If you're one of the people securing dog mess in plastic bags and leaving it on the side of the trail, please reconsider your life choices.
Where is the start/finish?
- Start: The events start together on the 1000 block of Cornwall Ave. Walking distance from the race HQ at the Boundary Bistro Garden (1107 Railroad Ave.).
- Finish: The events finish together on the 1000 block of Railroad Ave.
What's the course?
- The best method to see the course would be to look at one of the maps linked from this page.
- The course is a combination of public roads and Bellingham Parks & Recreation crushed limestone paths.
- The roads will be secured with the help of Bellingham's finest, certified, flaggers, volunteers and a gorilla.
- If you have difficulty reading maps, this is a great opportunity for you!
- As an alternate solution you could follow the big white arrows and crowds of people. The tricky bit is where the 5K & 8K courses split.
- 5K - turn
right at the gorilla.
- 8K - go forward
at the gorilla.
- I recommend you click the link above and register on-line.
- Registering on-line is exactly like making a purchase on-line. You create an account and submit credit card information.
- If you've registered for Parks programs in the past, you can just enter your password, or if you're like me, click one of the "Forgot" buttons.
- Hate the interwebs? We have paper. Download a form above, pick one up at the parks office, the Arne Hanna Aquatic Center, your local running store or contact me and I'll mail one right to your mail box.
- The earlier you register the cheaper it is.
- Day of race registration exists as long as we haven't reached the event maximum. It's the most expensive option.
- There's lots of street parking in the downtown area and in the gravel lots on the 1000 block of Cornwall Ave.
- You may have to walk up to 3 blocks to start your 5K.
- There are pay lots very close to the start finish. You are welcome to pay at any of these lots.
How does timing work?
- I have no idea how it works. Magic, pixie dust maybe? Just cross the start and the finish with a timing chip and you'll get results.
Is there a time limit?
- The official time limit is 1 hour. Anyone still on the course 61 minutes after the start will be placed in a bag and left for someone else to pick up.
How do awards work?
- The top 3 male and female in each race will be given engraved glass trophies.
- There are 32 divisions where a person could conceivably finish in the top 3. There are no formal awards for these divisions. However, calories from tacos, bacon and dairy will not be counted for a period of 24 hours. Vegans get nothing.
- The event will be scored m & f - 10<, 2 year age groups to 18, 5 year age groups starting with 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, etc.
- There will be draw prizes for all participants and volunteers. Must be present to win.
Where can I find results?
- Results will be posted at the event. They will also be posted on-line at the following.
- Facebook.com/Bellingham Parks
- If there are issues with results please contact Lance Romo at
Where can I find pictures? (they're free to download)
- Jon Brunk is the official race photographer. Pictures will be available at…
- Sorting, editing and posting over 1000 photos takes time.
- Be patient or be frustrated. Completely your choice.
- As noted above photos will be free to download. If you'd like a higher resolution photo please contact brunkphoto.com
Where are the bathrooms?
- Look for the big blue boxes or follow the chemical smell
Where/when is the parade?
- The parade starts at
noon from the 1800 block of Cornwall Ave. and finishes between Depot Market Square and Boundary Bay Bistro on the 1100 block of Railroad Ave.
Where is first aid?
- Minor first aid is available from the registration area in the Boundary Bistro Garden.
Please call 911 for life threatening injuries.
Are Headphones, earbuds allowed?
- No, they are not.
- What if I can't run without headphones, music, iproducts, etc.?
- Then you are a miracle of science and should be studied.
Problems, complaints, questions? Contact Lance Romo at
Lromo@cob.org or 360.778.7000.
Contact Lance Romo at 778-7000 or email