The City of Bellingham uses TRAKiT permitting software for all permitting, projects, code enforcement and inspections. These online services can be accessed at
www.cob.org/epermits. Online, you can track your permit application status as it goes through the review process; pay fees and schedule inspections. For assistance with eTRAKiT or automated phone scheduling, please contact the Permit Center at 360-778-8300 or at
Below are instructions on (click on one to go directly to that section):
How to create an eTRAKiT account:
- At the top of the screen, click "Setup an Account"
- Enter your profile information, create a log-in name and password, and security questions
- You will receive a registration confirmation email. Click the Confirm link in the email to activate your account
- You may now log into TRAKiT with your username and password
- As a public user, you will need to manually link to your permits. Click on the blue button "Link to Permits, Projects and Licenses", enter your permit number and click "Link"
This login type is available to all frequent users and professionals such as architects, engineers, contractors and permit applicants
- Send your name, complete contact information and state license number to
- A user name and password will be sent to you
Schedule an inspection online:
- Log in using your Public or Contractor login (or see "How to create an eTRAKiT account above to create a new login)
- Find permits on your My Dashboard view:
Choose one of the options below to complete the scheduling process:
Contractor Login: Your permits are automatically added to your My Dashboard view
Public Login: You will need to manually link to your permits. Click on the blue button "Link to Permits, Projects and Licenses" and enter your permits number, then click "Link"
- Under "My Active Inspections", we have automatically loaded the
most common inspection types* for your scope of work
- Simply locate the inspection needed, click on the blue "Schedule" link directly to the right of the inspection you wish to schedule
- Follow the remaining prompts and complete by clicking "Submit"
- Under "My Active Permits", you can request
any inspection type* that applies to your unique project
- Locate the permit number in the list of permits, and click on the blue "Request" link in that row
- Follow the remaining prompts and select the Inspection Type desired from the drop down list. Complete by clicking "Add Inspection"
After an inspection is scheduled, the scheduled date will be visible in the Date column of the My Active Inspections section of My Dashboard.
*It is the permit holder's responsibility to schedule all necessary inspections. If you are unsure of what inspections are required for your project, please contact an inspector.
Building inspectors are available daily from 7:30am - 8:30 am at 360-778-8363.
Schedule an inspection by phone:
- Dial (360) 778-8303
- Press  to schedule an inspection.
Additional options (cancel or review inspection results) are also available
- Enter your permit number and press the [#] key. For letters, use the corresponding key on the number keypad
- Press  to confirm your permit number
- Enter the 3-digit inspection code number and press [#]. This can be found on:
You will receive a confirmation number. Follow the phone instructions to schedule additional inspections on the same or another permit
- Your issued permit
Inspection Code List
- or by pressing [#] for a list of all available inspection codes for your permit
*It is the permit holder's responsibility to schedule all necessary inspections. If you are unsure of what inspections are required for your project, please contact an inspector. Building inspectors are available daily from 7:30am - 8:30 am at 360-778-8363.