Water Whys is a television series produced by the City. The
following shows were produced between 2000 and 2002.
Changes in Whatcom Creek
- Footage of the June 10, 1999 Olympic Pipe Line explosion
- Learn about the history and restoration effort along Whatcom Creek
- Meet Bill Y the Water Guy
- Find out where water from storm drains ends up.
- See amazing footage of the 1983 flood.
- Learn why wetlands are important to managing stormwater.
- Follow the journey of wastewater from your home to Puget Sound.
- Discover the short history of sewage treatment in Bellingham.
- The Water Whys crew visits the Northwest Flower and Garden Show in Seattle
ways to have a beautiful garden and protect our waterways.
- Bill Y tells you about mulching
- Learn about the benefits of trees to the survival of salmon such as large woody debris, riparian restoration and sustainable forestry
- The traditional Lummi
First Salmon Celebration highlights the importance of salmon to the native
- Bill Y the Water Guy teaches the proper method for planting
A Cool Fish Story
- Take a comprehensive look at the salmon life cycle.
- Learn earth-friendly car wash techniques from Bill Y.
- Discover ways you can help bring back our salmon.
Preserving Padden Creek
- Explore the history of Fairhaven.
- Discover our hopes for restoring Padden Creek.
- Learn the practical and spiritual value of our urban streams.
Whatcom Creek Recovery: an Update
- Talk View restoration efforts along Whatcom Creek following the
1999Olympic Pipe Line explosion.
- Tour the site with agency staff.
- Learn about restoration plans.
Saving Squalicum Creek
- See how development affects our creeks and learn what we can do to
lessen our impact.
- Hear about the history and future of the Squalicum Creek Watershed.
- Learn about restoration efforts and plans for Squalicum Creek.
Bellingham's Historic Waterworks
- View 16mm film taken of Public Works water projects in the
- Receive a summary of the history of Bellingham over a
background of wonderful period music pieces.
- See the dedication and accomplishments of Bellingham's Public Works
employees over the last century.