We hope you enjoy your upcoming Bellingham fire station tour or fire presentation. We hope it will be an educational and enjoyable experience for everyone in your group.
Please be aware that if an emergency arises firefighters may be called away suddenly. This means that firefighters may not be at the station when you arrive or that your station tour/fire presentation may be interrupted without notice.
Guidelines - Station Tours
In order to enhance your visit, we ask you and your group to follow these simple guidelines:
- Your safety is paramount. Please carefully follow the fire fighter’s directions regarding safety.
- Children must be closely supervised. There should be at least one adult for each five children. Children under the age of four are discouraged from tours, since they often are frightened by the excitement and do not understand the tour.
- Tours can be scheduled Monday thru Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. On the request form, please list the time and date you prefer. We will email you a confirmation of your scheduled request. If needed, please feel free to call and re-schedule. One week advance notice required.
- Tours generally last about 30 minutes. They include visiting the fire fighter’s living quarters, viewing fire and medical equipment, and discussing fire safety practices. You should plan your transportation to and from the fire station on this time.
- Newer City fire stations comply with Washington state laws for barrier-free design. Persons with (dis)abilities should contact us to discuss any needed accommodations. If an interpreter is required, we will need to be notified at least one week in advance.
- Please do not bring food or drink into the fire station.
If you or your group would like something beyond the scope of our basic tours, please feel free to ask.