Squalicum Creek Park Phase 3 includes a new lighted ball field as well as lighting the existing field and providing a multi-use sports field in the outfields of the adjoining ball fields. Also included is a new playground, a fenced dog off-leash area, restrooms, picnic shelter, basketball court, loop trail, additional parking, a stair connection to the Bay to Baker Trail, landscaping, park benches and picnic tables.
Status & Project Schedule
The park playground, dog off-leash area, restrooms, picnic shelter and basketball court are complete and open for your enjoyment!
- The current zipline is out of commission. The zipline was installed as part of phase three construction in 2015. Later, Parks and Recreation took the zipline out of commission on five occasions owing to abnormal wear on parts. The final repair made the zipline non-compliant with adopted playground safety standards. The City negotiated a refund and purchased a zipline from another manufacturer. The order was placed in March 2017. An incomplete delivery of zipline parts occurred in July 2017.
- The installation of the new zipline is pending full delivery of the rest of the zipline parts, and obtaining price quotes for the installation of the zipline by a contractor. Anticipated installation is August/September 2017.
Park Stormwater Improvements Status and Project Shedule:
- Park Ops Maintenance Yard Stormwater design currently in 100% design phase. Construction is anticipated September 2017.
- Infiltration Basins-Four stormwater basis are currently infiltrating slower than designed. Geotechnical explorations and soil samplings continue. Potential infiltration construction 2018.
Phase 3 Budget & Funding Source
- Budget: $5 million
- Funding Source: Greenway 3 Levy and Park Impact Fees
Contractor & Consultants
City's Project Manager:
- Strider Construction Company, Inc., Bellingham
- Robert W. Droll, PS, Landscape Architect
- Reichardt and Ebe Engineering, Inc., Civil Engineering
- GeoEngineers, Inc., Geotechnical Engineering