The purpose of the project is to design and construct improvements to the Fountain Plaza to implement the goals of the Fountain District Urban Village Plan and maximize the use of a relatively small public space. Strategies include:
- Construct a signature fountain to adhere to the property donation covenants, enforce the district's namesake and provide a gateway to the Fountain District Urban Village;
- Celebrate the history of the site by providing educational materials or experiences;
- Define the character of the district through artwork and other distinctive elements;
- Create experiences specifically targeting transit riders, middle-school aged children and customers of the immediately-surrounding businesses;
- Consider wayfinding or other elements that create identify/connection/ownership/unity with the three surrounding neighborhoods; and
- Prune or remove the existing maple tree for safety, light and/or functionality.
Private Donation, Park Impact Fees
This project is currently in the design and permitting phase. The project is anticipated to start construction in the Fall of 2019.