Pursuant to the Whatcom County Declaration of Emergency issued on March 10, 2020 the Bellingham Parks and Recreation Department has canceled the following programs, events, and meetings through :
|Swim Lessons||Runnin' O' the Green||Work Parties||Greenways Advisory Committee|
|Water Aerobics||Preschool Open Gym||Earth Day||Parks & Recreation |
|Open Swim||Teens Raise the MIC||Backyard Native Flora Fair||Sehome Hill Arboretum |
Board of Governors
|Adapted Aquatics||Spin Dance||Community Garden |
|Lifeguard Training||Travelogue||Community Dog Task Force|
|||Sensory Friendly Sundays|||
|||Dementia Friendly Social|
|||Virtual Dementia Tours|||
Please keep in mind that cancelations may change based on the most current information. We will update this page on a daily basis as needed.
Programs and facility rentals canceled between March 10, 2020 to May 31, 2020 will be granted based on the information below:
- Enrichment programs canceled by Bellingham Parks & Recreation due to the COVID-19 Department of Health recommendations will be given a full refund.
- Aquatic Center - participants will be given a full refund for classes that have not started by March 11th. Refunds for classes with a start date prior to March 11th will be prorated based on the number of classes that have already occurred. Participants may request to have passes extended. Passes will be put on hold until May 31st and extended the same number of days as the request was made.
- Facility rentals:
- Rentals canceled by the City of Bellingham will be given a full refund
- Current reservations have the following options through May 31st
- Maintain current reservation without changes
- Request a one-time transfer to a later, reservable date (must be able to make the transfer at the time of notification)
- Request a full refund.
Refunds will be made within 60 days of the program/facility cancelation.
More information about other city closures can be found here