|THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY: |
|CALL TO ORDER |
|ANNOUNCEMENTS & UPCOMING MEETINGS:
On Tuesday, November 23, at 9:00 AM in Council Chambers there will be a special meeting of the Council’s Planning and Community Development Committee regarding program options for Incentive Zoning for Affordable Housing.
On Monday, December 6, at 7:00 PM in City Council Chambers there will be a Public Hearing regarding amendments to BMC 19.06 “Transportation Impact Fees” to allow vehicle trip reduction credits reducing transportation impact fees for development in master-planned urban villages.
TRANSPORTATION BENEFIT DISTRICT NO. 1
On Monday, November 22, at 12:30 PM in Council Chambers there will be a meeting of the Transportation Benefit District No. 1 Board to discuss initial steps to establish the operational framework for the Transportation Benefit District and to discuss the financial decisions that are required to begin operations in FISCAL 2011
On Monday, December 6, at 12:30 PM in Council Chambers there will be a meeting of the Transportation Benefit District No. 1 Board to consider a Resolution setting the rate of collection of sales tax for transportation improvement projects and establishing a date for businesses to begin collection.
Bellingham City Council meets all requirements of the State of Washington Open Meetings Act.
|PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE |
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
|During this period of time, citizens may speak informally to the Council on subjects not scheduled for public hearing. EACH SPEAKER IS ALLOWED A MAXIMUM OF THREE MINUTES. If the speaker has written comments for the Council, an additional copy should be handed to the Clerk, preferably before the meeting, for our office files. |
1. 2011 PRELIMINARY BUDGET
2. **RECONSIDERATION OF THE ORDINANCE ESTABLISHING A DEMONSTRATION PROGRAM FOR INNOVATIVE PERMANENTLY AFFORDABLE HOME OWNERSHIP PROJECTS
2 - 20
3. PROPOSED CHANGES TO THE SILVER BEACH NEIGHBORHOOD PLAN
21 - 99
THE FOLLOWING ARE HEARD IN BOTH COMMITTEE AND REGULAR MEETINGS
COUNCIL STANDING COMMITTEE MEETINGSOpen to the public. Committees report to the full Council at regular evening meeting:
PLANNING/NEIGHBORHOODS & COMM. DEV. 1:00 PM - 2:20 PM
TERRY BORNEMANN (CHAIR); JACK WEISS; SETH FLEETWOOD; MICHAEL LILLIQUIST
1. PERMIT CENTER AND DEVELOPMENT SERVICES FUND BRIEFING
2. WORKSESSION TO CONSIDER AMENDMENTS TO THE YORK NEIGHBORHOOD PLAN, ZONING TABLE AND OTHER ASSOCIATED CODE AMENDMENTS
101 - 106
3. WORKSESSION TO REVIEW AMENDMENTS TO BMC 17.82 REGARDING MULTI FAMILY TAX EXEMPTION IN URBAN CENTERS
107 - 136PUBLIC WORKS/PUBLIC SAFETY 2:20 PM - 2:40 PM
BARRY BUCHANAN (CHAIR); JACK WEISS; STAN SNAPP
1. CONSIDERATION OF A GRANT AGREEMENT WITH WA DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY FOR PARTIAL FUNDING FOR THE REMEDIATION OF THE R.G. HALEY SITE
137 - 155
2. **ORDINANCE ADDING A NEW CHAPTER 11.16 TO THE BELLINGHAM MUNICIPAL CODE TO AUTHORIZE AND REGULATE AUTOMATED TRAFFIC CAMERAS
156 - 161FINANCE & PERSONNEL 2:40 PM - 3:55 PM
STAN SNAPP (CHAIR); BARRY BUCHANAN; MICHAEL LILLIQUIST
1. 2011 BUDGET PRESENTATIONS - LIBRARY, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES DEPARTMENT, PARKS & RECREATION DEPARTMENT, MUSEUM AND HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
162COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE 3:55 PM - 4:10 PM
GENE KNUTSON (CHAIR)
1. REVIEW OF PROPOSED WASHINGTON STATE LEGISLATIVE AGENDA FOR 2011
163 - 167
EXECUTIVE SESSION 4:10 PM - 4:40 PM
2. APPROVAL OF CITY COUNCIL COMMITTEE AND/OR SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES
Closed to the public. Report in regular meeting only:
1. POTENTIAL PROPERTY ACQUISITION - (RUFFATTO – APPROX. 5 MIN.)
2. POTENTIAL PROPERTY ACQUISITION - (RUFFATTO – APPROX. 5 MIN.)
3. POTENTIAL PROPERTY ACQUISITION - (HOISINGTON – APPROX. 5 MIN.)
4. POTENTIAL LITIGATION - (HOISINGTON – APPROX. 15 MIN.)
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY:
1. STANDING TIME FOR BRIEFINGS, UPDATES AND REPORTS TO COUNCIL BY THE MAYOR, IF NEEDED. INFORMATION ONLY.
2. MAYOR’S APPOINTMENT OF THOMAS GRINSTAD TO THE PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION FOR COUNCIL’S APPROVAL
168 - 169
3. MAYOR’S APPOINTMENT OF ROSALIE WARDEN NAST TO THE PARKS AND RECREATION ADVISORY BOARD FOR COUNCIL’S INFORMATION
170 - 173
1. **ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE 2010 GENERAL FUND BUDGET FOR THE RECEIPT AND EXPENDITURE OF A $16,956 GRANT FROM THE WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ARCHAEOLOGY AND HISTORIC PRESERVATION
174 - 176
2. **ORDINANCE FOR A BUDGET AMENDMENT TO ALLOW FOR RECEIPT AND SPENDING OF GRANT FUNDS FROM WASHINGTON TRAFFIC SAFETY COMMISSION TOTALING $15,324.00
177 - 185
3. **ORDINANCE TO AMEND THE 2010 BUDGET FOR RECLASSIFICATION OF TECHNICAL SUPPORT AND TRAINING SPECIALIST POSITION IN THE POLICE DEPARTMENT TO TECHNICAL SUPPORT/APPLICATION SUPPORT SPECIALIST CLASSIFICATION
186 - 188
4. BID AWARD FOR PRECAST CONCRETE PRODUCTS, BID NO. 63B-2010
189 - 191
5. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 22, 2010 TO OCTOBER 29, 2010.
6. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 29, 2010 TO NOVEMBER 5, 2010.
7. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR PAYROLL FROM OCTOBER 16, 2010 TO OCTOBER 31, 2010.
FINAL CONSIDERATION OF ORDINANCES
1. CB 13651 – AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE 2010 BUDGET TRANSFERRING $146,827.91 FROM REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE/NATURAL RESOURCES EXPENDITURES AND THE ESTIMATED ENDING DESIGNATED RESERVE IN THE LITTLE SQUALICUM OESER SETTLEMENT FUND TO THE ESTIMATED ENDING DESIGNATED RESERVES IN THE BEYOND GREENWAYS FUND.
195 - 197
2. CB 13652 - AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF BELLINGHAM, WASHINGTON AMENDING BELLINGHAM MUNICIPAL CODE 6.32.010 AND 6.32.020
198 - 201
|** INDICATES THE INTRODUCTION OF ORDINANCE/RESOLUTION|
|The agenda packet, which contains the supporting documentation for agenda items, is available at the Public Library or can be purchased in the Finance office for $4.00. |
|BROADCAST INFORMATION |
|The Bellingham City Council Committee Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 starting at 1:00 p.m. Bellingham City Council Regular Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 beginning at 7:00 p.m. |
The meetings are also streamed live on the internet as they occur and are available at http://www.cob.org/services/education/btv10/live-stream.aspx. BTV10 programming is available 24/7 to anyone with a computer and high-speed internet access. On-line viewers will see exactly what the Comcast cable customers would see on Channel 10, without the need for cable television service.
The Bellingham Public Library also has DVD’s available for checkout. Video and audio files are available on the Internet at http://www.cob.org within 5 business days following each meeting.
|COUNCIL MEETING VIEWING SCHEDULE: BTV10 AND WEBSITE |
|Mon. 1 p.m.||Live broadcast of Committee meetings as they occur. |
|Mon. 7 p.m.||Live broadcast of Regular meeting as it occurs. |
|Tues. noon||Repeat broadcast of Monday afternoon Committee meetings. |
|Tues. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Wed. 8 a.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Fri. 5 p.m.||Council Committee and Regular meetings posted on city website no later than this day/time (though usually posted much sooner.) |
|Sat. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|FOR OUR CITIZENS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS, the Council Chambers is fully accessible. Hearing assistance is available and a receiver may be checked out through the clerk prior to the evening session. For additional accommodations, persons are asked to contact the Legislative Assistant at 778-8200 at least 3 working days in advance of the meeting. Thank you. |
NEXT CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Monday, December 06, 2010
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT MATERIAL FOR THE PUBLIC HEARINGS FOR INCLUSION IN THE PUBLISHED AGENDA PACKET:
12/01/2010 10:00 AM