|THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY: |
|CALL TO ORDER |
|ANNOUNCEMENTS & UPCOMING MEETINGS:
The Finance Committee meeting previously scheduled for April 12, 10:30 AM to review proposed Comprehensive Financial Management Guidelines is postponed to a new date yet to be determined.
On April 12, 7:00 PM in City Council Chambers, there will be Public Hearing regarding exceptions to large retail establishment size restrictions, known as the “Big Box” Ordinance.
On April 26, 7:00 PM in City Council Chambers, there will be a Public Hearing regarding a code amendment to allow permit extensions due to economic hardship.
Bellingham City Council meets all requirements of the State of Washington Open Meetings Act.
|PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE |
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
|During this period of time, citizens may speak informally to the Council on subjects not scheduled for public hearing. EACH SPEAKER IS ALLOWED A MAXIMUM OF THREE MINUTES. If the speaker has written comments for the Council, an additional copy should be handed to the Clerk, preferably before the meeting, for our office files. |
1. COMMUNITY ENERGY CHALLENGE UPDATE
1. MINOR TEXT AND MAP AMENDMENT TO BMC 13.70 MULTIMODAL TRANSPORTATION CONCURRENCY
2 - 35
THE FOLLOWING ARE HEARD IN BOTH COMMITTEE AND REGULAR MEETINGS
COUNCIL STANDING COMMITTEE MEETINGSOpen to the public. Committees report to the full Council at regular evening meeting:
PARKS & RECREATION 1:00 PM - 1:10 PM
SETH FLEETWOOD (CHAIR); TERRY BORNEMANN; STAN SNAPP
1. AN AGREED ORDER WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY AND PUGET SOUND ENERGY TO PERFORM A REMEDIAL INVESTIGATION AND FEASIBILITY STUDY OF THE SOUTH STATE STREET MANUFACTURED GAS PLANT MODEL TOXICS CONTROL ACT SITE
36 - 67PUBLIC WORKS/PUBLIC SAFETY 1:10 PM - 2:25 PM
BARRY BUCHANAN (CHAIR); JACK WEISS; STAN SNAPP
1. **A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY OF BELLINGHAM DECLARING THAT AN EMERGENCY EXISTED JUSTIFYING AN EXEMPTION FROM THE FORMAL BID PROCESS
68 - 70
2. BID AWARD FOR 2009 OVERLAY – ARRA/STIMULUS FUNDS - BAKERVIEW AND HANNEGAN ROADS (ES-414), BID #3B-2010
71 - 76
3. INFORMATION REGARDING PHARMACEUTICAL TAKE-BACK PROGRAM
77 - 91
4. PUBLIC RELEASE OF THE GIS ONLINE MAPPING APPLICATION: CITY INFORMATION QUERY (CityIQ)
92 - 94
5. TRANS MOUNTAIN PIPELINE (PUGET SOUND) LLC, FRANCHISE UPDATE
95 - 100COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE 2:25 PM - 2:30 PM
GENE KNUTSON (CHAIR)
EXECUTIVE SESSION 2:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Closed to the public. Report in regular meeting only:
1. LITIGATION: Crown Point Development, et al. v. City of Bellingham - (Marriner – Approx. 10 min.)
2. POTENTIAL LITIGATION - (Kraham – Approx. 15 min.)
3. POTENTIAL LITIGATION - (Ruffatto – Approx. 15 min.)
4. LABOR ISSUE - (Barrett – Approx. 20 min.)
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY:
1. Standing time for briefings, updates and reports to Council by the Mayor, if needed. Information only.
2. MAYOR’S APPOINTMENT OF KAYLE WALLS TO THE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT ADVISORY BOARD FOR COUNCIL’S INFORMATION
101 - 102
3. MAYOR’S REAPPOINTMENT OF BYRON ELMENDORF TO THE WATERFRONT ADVISORY GROUP FOR COUNCIL’S INFORMATION
1. **ORDINANCE TO ACCEPT DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY PASS THROUGH GRANT FOR NPDES PHASE II JURISDICTIONS IN THE AMOUNT OF $50,000
104 - 107
2. **FINAL PLAT APPROVAL FOR THE PLAT OF EMERALD COTTAGES
108 - 124
3. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FROM MARCH 5, 2010 TO MARCH 12, 2010.
4. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FROM MARCH 12, 2010 TO MARCH 19, 2010.
FINAL CONSIDERATION OF ORDINANCES
1. CB 13602 – AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE 2010 BUDGET RECONCILING THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN BUDGETED ESTIMATED 2010 BEGINNING RESERVE BALANCES AND ACTUAL 2010 BEGINNING RESERVE BALANCES, AND PLACING THE DIFFERENCES IN THE ENDING RESERVE BALANCES FOR A NET RESERVE INCREASE OF $42,834,672.18
127 - 142
2. CB 13603 - AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE 2010 BUDGET APPROPRIATING $14,447,432.48 IN ADDITIONAL FUNDS TO PAY FOR GOODS AND SERVICES ORDERED IN 2009 BUT UNPAID AT YEAR END CLOSING, FROM UNANTICIPATED REVENUE AND ESTIMATED ENDING RESERVE BALANCES.
143 - 164
3. 13604 – AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE 2010 BUDGET APPROPRIATING $45,045,924.26 IN ADDITIONAL RESOURCES TO PAY FOR GOODS AND SERVICES THAT WERE AUTHORIZED IN 2009, BUT WERE NOT OBLIGATED BY PURCHASE ORDER OR CONTRACT BY YEAR END, FROM ESTIMATED RESERVES AND UNANTICIPATED REVENUE, AND PLACING $100,000.00 OF REVENUE IN RESERVES.
165 - 184
4. CB 13605 - AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE 2010 BUDGET APPROPRIATING $64,998.00 FROM ESTIMATED ENDING UNDESIGNATED RESERVES IN THE GENERAL FUND FOR THE PURPOSE OF ADDING A POLICE SERGEANT POSITION IN THE BELLINGHAM POLICE DEPARTMENT.
185 - 187
5. CB 13606 – AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF BELLINGHAM RELATING TO LAND USE PLANNING AND ADMINISTRATION, AMENDING PORTIONS OF THE BELLINGHAM MUNICIPAL CODE REGARDING THE PLANNING COMMISSION
188 - 191
6. CB 13607 - AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE 2010 BUDGET TO ACCOUNT FOR UNANTICIPATED REVENUE FROM A BUSINESS AND OCCUPATION/ UTILITY TAX AUDIT AND APPROPRIATING A PORTION OF THE REVENUE TO PAY FOR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS WORK.
192 - 194
|** INDICATES THE INTRODUCTION OF ORDINANCE/RESOLUTION|
|The agenda packet, which contains the supporting documentation for agenda items, is available at the Public Library or can be purchased in the Finance office for $4.00. |
|BROADCAST INFORMATION |
|The Bellingham City Council Committee Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 starting at 1:00 p.m. Bellingham City Council Regular Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 beginning at 7:00 p.m. |
The meetings are also streamed live on the internet as they occur and are available at http://www.cob.org/services/education/btv10/live-stream.aspx. BTV10 programming is available 24/7 to anyone with a computer and high-speed internet access. On-line viewers will see exactly what the Comcast cable customers would see on Channel 10, without the need for cable television service.
The Bellingham Public Library also has DVD’s available for checkout. Video and audio files are available on the Internet at http://www.cob.org within 5 business days following each meeting.
|COUNCIL MEETING VIEWING SCHEDULE: BTV10 AND WEBSITE |
|Mon. 1 p.m.||Live broadcast of Committee meetings as they occur. |
|Mon. 7 p.m.||Live broadcast of Regular meeting as it occurs. |
|Tues. noon||Repeat broadcast of Monday afternoon Committee meetings. |
|Tues. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Wed. 8 a.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Fri. 5 p.m.||Council Committee and Regular meetings posted on city website no later than this day/time (though usually posted much sooner.) |
|Sat. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|FOR OUR CITIZENS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS, the Council Chambers is fully accessible. Hearing assistance is available and a receiver may be checked out through the clerk prior to the evening session. For additional accommodations, persons are asked to contact the Legislative Assistant at 778-8200 at least 3 working days in advance of the meeting. Thank you. |
NEXT CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Monday, April 12, 2010
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT MATERIAL FOR THE PUBLIC HEARINGS FOR INCLUSION IN THE PUBLISHED AGENDA PACKET:
04/07/2010 10:00 AM