|THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY: |
|CALL TO ORDER |
|ANNOUNCEMENTS & UPCOMING MEETINGS:
On Monday, April 23, at 9:30 AM in City Council Chambers, there will be a Special Worksession of the Council's Planning and Community Development Committee to discuss the Rezone request for approximately 113 acres in Areas 5 and 6, Samish Neighborhood. Applicant: Free Spirit Enterprises, LLC. Owner: Padden Trails, LLC.
On Thursday, May 3, at 12:00 PM in City Council Chambers, there will be a Joint meeting of the Bellingham City Council and the Port of Bellingham Commissioners.
On Friday, May 4, 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM in the Mayor's Board Room, there will be a Special Meeting held by the Council’s Planning and Community Development Committee to discuss growth policies and planning issues.
On Monday, May 7, at 7:00 PM in City Council Chambers there will be a Public Hearing regarding a rezone of property between Area 5 of the Happy Valley Neighborhood and Area 2A of the Fairhaven Neighborhood in the 1400 block of 14th Street from residential to commercial.
On Monday, May 14, at 7:00 PM in City Council Chambers there will be a Public Hearing regarding an amendment to the City’s Comprehensive Plan to add a new Environment Element Chapter.
Bellingham City Council meets all requirements of the State of Washington Open Meetings Act.
TRANSPORTATION BENEFIT DISTRICT NO. 1:
On Monday, April 23, at 12:30 PM in the Council Chambers, there will be a meeting of the Board of Directors to receive an annual report, a brief update on WTA Board actions and an update on non-motorized transportation projects.
|PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE |
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
|During this period of time, citizens may speak informally to the Council on subjects not scheduled for public hearing. EACH SPEAKER IS ALLOWED A MAXIMUM OF THREE MINUTES. If the speaker has written comments for the Council, an additional copy should be handed to the Clerk, preferably before the meeting, for our office files. |
THE FOLLOWING ARE HEARD IN BOTH COMMITTEE AND REGULAR MEETINGS
COUNCIL STANDING COMMITTEE MEETINGSOpen to the public. Committees report to the full Council at regular evening meeting:
FINANCE & PERSONNEL 1:00 PM - 1:05 PM
MICHAEL LILLIQUIST (CHAIR); CATHY LEHMAN; STAN SNAPP
PARKS & RECREATION 1:05 PM - 1:10 PM
1. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO AN AMENDMENT TO A GRANT AGREEMENT WITH THE WASHINGTON STATE DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY FOR PARTIAL FUNDING OF THE REMEDIATION OF THE ELDRIDGE AVENUE MUNICIPAL LANDFILL SITE
SETH FLEETWOOD (CHAIR); STAN SNAPP; JACK WEISS
PUBLIC WORKS/PUBLIC SAFETY 1:10 PM - 2:00 PM
1. **RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE CITY TO APPLY FOR A WASHINGTON AQUATIC ENHANCEMENT ACCOUNT GRANT TO PROVIDE PUBLIC ACCESS TO BELLINGHAM BAY
STAN SNAPP (CHAIR); GENE KNUTSON; SETH FLEETWOOD
1. PROPOSAL FROM POTENTIAL PARKADE TENANT
2. BID AWARD FOR 2012 OVERLAY PROGRAM (ES-459) WHICH INCLUDES NORTHWEST/ELM/DUPONT BIKE LANES (ES-447) AND INDIAN STREET PEDESTRIAN AND BICYCLE SAFETY PROJECT, (ES-0448)
LAKE WHATCOM RESERVOIR AND NATURAL RESOURCES 2:00 PM - 2:25 PM
3. **AN ORDINANCE AMENDING BMC 15.08.230(B), BMC 15.12.165 AND BMC 15.12.170 REGARDING FEES RELATED TO REACTIVATION OF ABANDONED WATER AND SEWER SERVICE
SETH FLEETWOOD (CHAIR); MICHAEL LILLIQUIST; CATHY LEHMAN; STAN SNAPP
PLANNING/NEIGHBORHOODS & COMM. DEV. 2:25 PM - 2:25 PM
1. INVASIVE SPECIES PREVENTION PROGRAM - 2012 IMPLEMENTATION OPTIONS
JACK WEISS (CHAIR); SETH FLEETWOOD; MICHAEL LILLIQUIST; CATHY LEHMAN
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE 2:25 PM - 5:00 PM
1. A COMPREHENSIVE PLAN AMENDMENT AND REZONE FOR APPROXIMATELY 113 ACRES IN AREAS 5 AND 6, SAMISH NEIGHBORHOOD. APPLICANT: FREE SPIRIT ENTERPRISES, LLC. OWNER: PADDEN TRAILS, LLC
TERRY BORNEMANN (CHAIR)
1. BELLINGHAM PUBLIC DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY [BPDA] ANNUAL REPORT FOR 2011
2. BELLINGHAM PUBLIC DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY “ARMY STREET PROJECT” BRIEFING
3. BELLINGHAM FEDERAL BUILDING ADAPTIVE REUSE STUDY AND RE-TENANTING PLAN
4. RATIFICATION OF AMENDMENT TO THE DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE BELLINGHAM PUBLIC DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY AND CATHOLIC COMMUNITY SERVICES FOR THE SALE OF 1100 CORNWALL
5. CLOSED RECORD HEARING REGARDING A STREET VACATION PETITION FOR A PORTION OF CLINTON STREET WITHIN MARITIME HERITAGE PARK
6. WORKSESSION TO IDENTIFY COUNCIL PRIORITIES TO BE DISCUSSED AT THE 2012 COUNCIL-EXECUTIVE RETREAT ON MAY 19TH
7. APPROVAL OF CITY COUNCIL COMMITTEE AND/OR SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY:
1. STANDING TIME FOR BRIEFINGS, UPDATES AND REPORTS TO COUNCIL BY THE MAYOR, IF NEEDED. INFORMATION ONLY.
1. **BUDGET ORDINANCE FOR AN AMENDMENT TO ALLOW FOR RECEIPT AND SPENDING OF $20,658 STOP GRANT
2. **BUDGET ORDINANCE TO IMPLEMENT STAFF RESTRUCTURE IN THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT THAT RESULTS IN A BUDGET REDUCTION FOR 2012
3. INTERLOCAL PURCHASING AGREEMENT WITH NORTH WHATCOM FIRE DISTRICT
4. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FROM MARCH 30, 2012 TO APRIL 5, 2012
5. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FROM APRIL 6, 2012 TO APRIL 12, 2012
FINAL CONSIDERATION OF ORDINANCES
1. AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE 2012 BUDGET APPROPRIATING $100,000.00 FROM ESTIMATED ENDING UNDESIGNATED RESERVES IN THE GENERAL FUND TO PROVIDE FOR AN AMENDMENT TO THE CITY'S CONTRACT WITH AMERICAN TRAFFIC SOLUTIONS
|** INDICATES THE INTRODUCTION OF ORDINANCE/RESOLUTION|
|The agenda packet, which contains the supporting documentation for agenda items, is available at the Public Library or can be purchased in the Finance office for $4.00. |
|BROADCAST INFORMATION |
|The Bellingham City Council Committee Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 starting at 1:00 p.m. Bellingham City Council Regular Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 beginning at 7:00 p.m. |
The meetings are also streamed live on the internet as they occur and are available at http://www.cob.org/services/education/btv10/live-stream.aspx. BTV10 programming is available 24/7 to anyone with a computer and high-speed internet access. On-line viewers will see exactly what the Comcast cable customers would see on Channel 10, without the need for cable television service.
The Bellingham Public Library also has DVD’s available for checkout. Video and audio files are available on the Internet at http://www.cob.org within 5 business days following each meeting.
|COUNCIL MEETING VIEWING SCHEDULE: BTV10 AND WEBSITE |
|Mon. 1 p.m.||Live broadcast of Committee meetings as they occur. |
|Mon. 7 p.m.||Live broadcast of Regular meeting as it occurs. |
|Tues. noon||Repeat broadcast of Monday afternoon Committee meetings. |
|Tues. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Wed. 8 a.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Fri. 5 p.m.||Council Committee and Regular meetings posted on city website no later than this day/time (though usually posted much sooner.) |
|Sat. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|FOR OUR CITIZENS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS, the Council Chambers is fully accessible. Hearing assistance is available and a receiver may be checked out through the clerk prior to the evening session. For additional accommodations, persons are asked to contact the Legislative Assistant at 778-8200 at least 3 working days in advance of the meeting. Thank you. |
NEXT CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Monday, May 07, 2012
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT MATERIAL FOR THE PUBLIC HEARINGS FOR INCLUSION IN THE PUBLISHED AGENDA PACKET:
05/02/2012 10:00 AM