|THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY: |
|CALL TO ORDER |
|ANNOUNCEMENTS & UPCOMING MEETINGS:
On Monday, January 24, at 10:15 AM in the Mayor’s Board Room there will be a City Council Lake Whatcom Reservoir and Natural Resources Committee Meeting regarding Lake Whatcom Initiatives.
On Monday, January 24, 7:00 PM at City Council Chambers in there will be a Public Hearing regarding 2011 Comprehensive Plan Amendment Docketing.
Bellingham City Council meets all requirements of the State of Washington Open Meetings Act.
TRANSPORTATION BENEFIT DISTRICT NO. 1
On Monday, January 10, 1:00 PM in Council Chambers there will be a meeting of the Transportation Benefit District No. 1 Board to discuss transit service, transportation projects and budget.
|PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE |
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
|During this period of time, citizens may speak informally to the Council on subjects not scheduled for public hearing. EACH SPEAKER IS ALLOWED A MAXIMUM OF THREE MINUTES. If the speaker has written comments for the Council, an additional copy should be handed to the Clerk, preferably before the meeting, for our office files. |
1. MAYOR’S STATE OF THE CITY ADDRESS
THE FOLLOWING ARE HEARD IN BOTH COMMITTEE AND REGULAR MEETINGS
COUNCIL STANDING COMMITTEE MEETINGSOpen to the public. Committees report to the full Council at regular evening meeting:
LAKE WHATCOM RESERVOIR AND NATURAL RESOURCES 2:00 PM - 2:20 PM
SETH FLEETWOOD (CHAIR); GENE KNUTSON; BARRY BUCHANAN; MICHAEL LILLIQUIST
2PARKS & RECREATION 2:20 PM - 2:30 PM
GENE KNUTSON (CHAIR); SETH FLEETWOOD; TERRY BORNEMANN
1. BOULEVARD OVER WATER WALKWAY
3 - 8COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE 2:30 PM - 2:35 PM
STAN SNAPP (CHAIR)
EXECUTIVE SESSION 2:35 PM - 3:15 PM
1. APPROVAL OF CITY COUNCIL COMMITTEE AND/OR SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES
Closed to the public. Report in regular meeting only:
1. POTENTIAL LITIGATION - (KRAHAM – APPROX. 10 MIN.)
2. POTENTIAL LITIGATION - (KRAHAM – APPROX. 10 MIN.)
3. LITIGATION: LIND BROS. V. CITY OF BELLINGHAM - (MARRINER – APPROX. 10 MIN.)
4. LITIGATION: JANKE V. CITY OF BELLINGHAM - (MARRINER – APPROX. 10 MIN.)
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY:
1. STANDING TIME FOR BRIEFINGS, UPDATES AND REPORTS TO COUNCIL BY THE MAYOR, IF NEEDED. INFORMATION ONLY.
2. MAYOR’S APPOINTMENT OF GREG WINTER AND REAPPOINTMENT OF REBECCA JOHNSON AND SHERI EMERSON TO THE COMMISSION AGAINST DOMESTIC VIOLENCE FOR COUNCIL’S INFORMATION
9 - 12
3. MAYOR’S APPOINTMENT OF DIANA MCKINNEY AS THE PUGET NEIGHBORHOOD REPRESENTATIVE AND MIKE ROBINSON AS THE SILVER BEACH NEIGHBORHOOD REPRESENTATIVE TO THE MAYOR’S NEIGHBORHOOD ADVISORY COMMISSION FOR COUNCIL’S INFORMATION
13 - 15
1. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FROM NOVEMBER 19, 2010 TO DECEMBER 3, 2010
2. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FROM DECEMBER 10, 2010 TO DECEMBER 17, 2010
3. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FROM DECEMBER 10, 2010 TO DECEMBER 17, 2010
4. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR PAYROLL FROM NOVEMBER 16, 2010 TO NOVEMBER 30, 2010
5. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR PAYROLL FROM DECEMBER 1, 2010 TO DECEMBER 15, 2010
FINAL CONSIDERATION OF ORDINANCES
1. AN ORDINANCE AMENDING BELLINGHAM MUNICIPAL CODE SUBSECTION 15.42.050 D AND ADDING BELLINGHAM MUNICIPAL CODE SUBSECTION 15.42.050 E TO ADD REQUIREMENTS THAT RETAIL ESTABLISHMENTS SELLING FERTILIZERS, MULCHES, AND SOIL AMENDMENTS CONTAINING PHOSPHORUS PROVIDE SIGNAGE AND LITERATURE NOTIFYING CUSTOMERS OF PROHIBITED USES OF PHOSPHOROUS FERTILIZERS, MULCHES, AND SOIL AMENDMENTS IN THE LAKE WHATCOM WATERSHED, EXTENDING THE PROHIBITION FROM LAWNS AND TURF TO INCLUDE ALL GARDENING AND HORTICULTURAL APPLICATIONS, EXTENDING PHOSPHORUS FERTILIZER PROHIBITIONS TO COMMERCIAL PROPERTIES IN THE WATERSHED, AND REPEALING THE EXEMPTION FOR LAWNS IN THE FIRST GROWING SEASON.
21 - 28
2. AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF BELLINGHAM, WASHINGTON, AMENDING SECTION 15.08.250 OF THE BELLINGHAM MUNICIPAL CODE TO MODIFY WATER UTILITY RATES FOR UNTREATED INDUSTRIAL WATER.
29 - 31
|** INDICATES THE INTRODUCTION OF ORDINANCE/RESOLUTION|
|The agenda packet, which contains the supporting documentation for agenda items, is available at the Public Library or can be purchased in the Finance office for $4.00. |
|BROADCAST INFORMATION |
|The Bellingham City Council Committee Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 starting at 1:00 p.m. Bellingham City Council Regular Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 beginning at 7:00 p.m. |
The meetings are also streamed live on the internet as they occur and are available at http://www.cob.org/services/education/btv10/live-stream.aspx. BTV10 programming is available 24/7 to anyone with a computer and high-speed internet access. On-line viewers will see exactly what the Comcast cable customers would see on Channel 10, without the need for cable television service.
The Bellingham Public Library also has DVD’s available for checkout. Video and audio files are available on the Internet at http://www.cob.org within 5 business days following each meeting.
|COUNCIL MEETING VIEWING SCHEDULE: BTV10 AND WEBSITE |
|Mon. 1 p.m.||Live broadcast of Committee meetings as they occur. |
|Mon. 7 p.m.||Live broadcast of Regular meeting as it occurs. |
|Tues. noon||Repeat broadcast of Monday afternoon Committee meetings. |
|Tues. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Wed. 8 a.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Fri. 5 p.m.||Council Committee and Regular meetings posted on city website no later than this day/time (though usually posted much sooner.) |
|Sat. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|FOR OUR CITIZENS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS, the Council Chambers is fully accessible. Hearing assistance is available and a receiver may be checked out through the clerk prior to the evening session. For additional accommodations, persons are asked to contact the Legislative Assistant at 778-8200 at least 3 working days in advance of the meeting. Thank you. |
NEXT CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Monday, January 24, 2011
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT MATERIAL FOR THE PUBLIC HEARINGS FOR INCLUSION IN THE PUBLISHED AGENDA PACKET:
01/19/2011 10:00 AM