|THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY: |
|CALL TO ORDER |
|ANNOUNCEMENTS & UPCOMING MEETINGS:
On Monday, November 8, at 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM in the Mayor’s Boardroom there will be a Special Worksession regarding the 2011 budget.
On Tuesday, November 9, at 1:00 PM in the Mayor’s Boardroom there will be a special meeting of the Council’s Lake Whatcom Reservoir and Natural Resources Committee regarding a Lake Whatcom Restoration Plan.
On Monday, November 15, at 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM in the Mayor’s Boardroom there will be a Special Worksession regarding the 2011 budget.
On Monday, November 22, at 7:00 PM in City Council Chambers there will be a Public Hearing regarding the Silver Beach Neighborhood Plan Amendment.
On Monday, November 22, at 7:00 PM in City Council Chambers there will be a Public Hearing regarding the extension of the Demonstration Program for Permanently Affordable Homeownership Program.
On Monday, November 22, at 7:00 PM in City Council Chambers there will be a Public Hearing regarding the 2011 Preliminary Budget.
On Tuesday, November 23, at 9:00 AM in Council Chambers there will be a special meeting of the Council’s Planning and Community Development Committee regarding a program options for Incentive Zoning for Affordable Housing.
Bellingham City Council meets all requirements of the State of Washington Open Meetings Act.
|PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE |
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
|During this period of time, citizens may speak informally to the Council on subjects not scheduled for public hearing. EACH SPEAKER IS ALLOWED A MAXIMUM OF THREE MINUTES. If the speaker has written comments for the Council, an additional copy should be handed to the Clerk, preferably before the meeting, for our office files. |
1. DIABETES AWARENESS MONTH PROCLAMATION
1 - 2
1. **AN ORDINANCE TO AMEND BMC 17.82 REGARDING A MULTI FAMILY TAX EXEMPTION IN URBAN CENTERS
3 - 27
THE FOLLOWING ARE HEARD IN BOTH COMMITTEE AND REGULAR MEETINGS
COUNCIL STANDING COMMITTEE MEETINGSOpen to the public. Committees report to the full Council at regular evening meeting:
PUBLIC WORKS/PUBLIC SAFETY 1:00 PM - 1:10 PM
BARRY BUCHANAN (CHAIR); JACK WEISS; STAN SNAPP
1. **A RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE FIRE CHIEF TO ENGAGE IN DISCUSSIONS WITH ADJACENT FIRE AGENCIES REGARDING COOPERATIVE AGREEMENTS FOR FIRE AND EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES
28 - 30PLANNING/NEIGHBORHOODS & COMM. DEV. 1:10 PM - 1:25 PM
TERRY BORNEMANN (CHAIR); JACK WEISS; SETH FLEETWOOD; MICHAEL LILLIQUIST
1. **A RESOLUTION APPROVING THE 2011 ACTION PLAN ALLOCATING FEDERAL FUNDS FROM HUD FOR LOW AND MODERATE INCOME CITIZENS IN BELLINGHAM
31 - 42PARKS & RECREATION 1:25 PM - 1:40 PM
SETH FLEETWOOD (CHAIR); TERRY BORNEMANN; STAN SNAPP
1. NOISE VARIANCE REQUEST FOR THE PATTLE POINT TRESTLE RENOVATION PROJECT AT BOULEVARD PARK
43 - 46
2. APPROVAL OF STRATEGIC PLAN FOR SOUTH AREA GREENWAY 3 LEVY LAND ACQUISITIONS
47 - 69FINANCE & PERSONNEL 1:40 PM - 3:00 PM
STAN SNAPP (CHAIR); BARRY BUCHANAN; MICHAEL LILLIQUIST
1. **AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE 2010 BUDGET TRANSFERRING FUNDS FROM THE LITTLE SQUALICUM OESER SETTLEMENT FUND TO THE BEYOND GREENWAYS FUND
70 - 72
2. 2011 DEPARTMENT BUDGET PRESENTATIONS - LEGAL DEPARTMENT - HEARING EXAMINER - FINANCE DEPARTMENT - EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENT
73COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE 3:00 PM - 3:15 PM
GENE KNUTSON (CHAIR)
1. **AN ORDINANCE AMENDING BELLINGHAM MUNICIPAL CODE 6.32.010 AND 6.32.020 REGARDING TEEN DANCES
74 - 76
2. **RESOLUTION ADOPTING THE 2011 CITY COUNCIL MEETING SCHEDULE
77 - 79
EXECUTIVE SESSION 3:15 PM - 4:00 PM
3. APPROVAL OF CITY COUNCIL COMMITTEE AND/OR SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES
Closed to the public. Report in regular meeting only:
1. POTENTIAL LITIGATION - (KRAHAM – APPROX. 10 MIN.)
2. POTENTIAL LITIGATION - (KRAHAM – APPROX. 15 MIN.)
3. LITIGATION: PSE V. CITY OF BELLINGHAM - (REARDANZ – APPROX. 5 MIN.)
4. POTENTIAL PROPERTY ACQUISITION - (HOISINGTON – APPROX. 5 MIN.)
5. LABOR RELATIONS UPDATE - (KLEMANSKI – APPROX. 10 MIN.)
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY:
1. STANDING TIME FOR BRIEFINGS, UPDATES AND REPORTS TO COUNCIL BY THE MAYOR, IF NEEDED. INFORMATION ONLY.
1. BID AWARD FOR 34TH STREET SEWER LID, BID NO. 65B-2010, EU-0155
80 - 88
2. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 15, 2010 TO OCTOBER 22, 2010.
3. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR PAYROLL FROM OCTOBER 1, 2010 TO OCTOBER 15, 2010.
FINAL CONSIDERATION OF ORDINANCES
1. CB 13650 – AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF BELLINGHAM, WASHINGTON RELATING TO THE LEVYING OF TAXES AND ESTABLISHING THE AMOUNT TO BE RAISED IN 2011 ON THE ASSESSED VALUATION OF THE PROPERTY WITHIN THE CITY
91 - 95
|** INDICATES THE INTRODUCTION OF ORDINANCE/RESOLUTION|
|The agenda packet, which contains the supporting documentation for agenda items, is available at the Public Library or can be purchased in the Finance office for $4.00. |
|BROADCAST INFORMATION |
|The Bellingham City Council Committee Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 starting at 1:00 p.m. Bellingham City Council Regular Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 beginning at 7:00 p.m. |
The meetings are also streamed live on the internet as they occur and are available at http://www.cob.org/services/education/btv10/live-stream.aspx. BTV10 programming is available 24/7 to anyone with a computer and high-speed internet access. On-line viewers will see exactly what the Comcast cable customers would see on Channel 10, without the need for cable television service.
The Bellingham Public Library also has DVD’s available for checkout. Video and audio files are available on the Internet at http://www.cob.org within 5 business days following each meeting.
|COUNCIL MEETING VIEWING SCHEDULE: BTV10 AND WEBSITE |
|Mon. 1 p.m.||Live broadcast of Committee meetings as they occur. |
|Mon. 7 p.m.||Live broadcast of Regular meeting as it occurs. |
|Tues. noon||Repeat broadcast of Monday afternoon Committee meetings. |
|Tues. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Wed. 8 a.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Fri. 5 p.m.||Council Committee and Regular meetings posted on city website no later than this day/time (though usually posted much sooner.) |
|Sat. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|FOR OUR CITIZENS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS, the Council Chambers is fully accessible. Hearing assistance is available and a receiver may be checked out through the clerk prior to the evening session. For additional accommodations, persons are asked to contact the Legislative Assistant at 778-8200 at least 3 working days in advance of the meeting. Thank you. |
NEXT CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Monday, November 22, 2010
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT MATERIAL FOR THE PUBLIC HEARINGS FOR INCLUSION IN THE PUBLISHED AGENDA PACKET:
11/17/2010 10:00 AM