|THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY: |
|CALL TO ORDER |
|ANNOUNCEMENTS & UPCOMING MEETINGS:
On Monday, July 26, at 7:00 PM in City Council Chambers there will be a Public Hearing regarding a Comprehensive Plan amendment proposal submitted by the Puget Neighborhood Association.
On Monday, August 9, at 7:00 PM in City Council Chambers there will be two Public Hearings related to amendments to the Critical Areas Ordinance.
On Monday, August 9, at 7:00 PM in City Council Chambers there will be a Public Hearing regarding a Draft Music Ordinance.
Bellingham City Council meets all requirements of the State of Washington Open Meetings Act.
|PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE |
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
|During this period of time, citizens may speak informally to the Council on subjects not scheduled for public hearing. EACH SPEAKER IS ALLOWED A MAXIMUM OF THREE MINUTES. If the speaker has written comments for the Council, an additional copy should be handed to the Clerk, preferably before the meeting, for our office files. |
1. TWENTY-SEVENTH ANNUAL NATIONAL NIGHT OUT AGAINST CRIME
1 - 3
1. FORMATION OF A LOCAL IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT [LID] ON 34TH STREET BETWEEN TAYLOR STREET AND DONOVAN AVENUE
4 - 6
THE FOLLOWING ARE HEARD IN BOTH COMMITTEE AND REGULAR MEETINGS
COUNCIL STANDING COMMITTEE MEETINGSOpen to the public. Committees report to the full Council at regular evening meeting:
FINANCE & PERSONNEL 1:00 PM - 1:05 PM
STAN SNAPP (CHAIR); BARRY BUCHANAN; MICHAEL LILLIQUIST
1. **AN ORDINANCE APPROPRIATING STREET FUNDS TO REIMBURSE WHATCOM COUNTY FOR CAPITAL TRANSPORTATION PROJECTS LOCATED WITHIN THE BAKERVIEW/JAMES ANNEXATION AREA
7 - 10TRANSPORTATION COMMITTEE 1:05 PM - 1:40 PM
JACK WEISS (CHAIR); STAN SNAPP; MICHAEL LILLIQUIST
1. BID AWARD FOR THE OHIO/KING/STATE STREET SAFETY IMPROVEMENT PROJECT, BID NO. 41B-2010, ES 0071
11 - 15
2. WORKSESSION REGARDING ORDINANCE TO ESTABLISH A TRANSPORTATION BENEFIT DISTRICT [TBD] PRIOR TO COUNCIL VOTE ON THIRD AND FINAL READING
16 - 24COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE 1:40 PM - 2:45 PM
GENE KNUTSON (CHAIR)
1. PROPOSED COMMUNITY INDICATORS AND CITY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
25 - 39
EXECUTIVE SESSION 2:45 PM - 3:25 PM
2. APPROVAL OF CITY COUNCIL COMMITTEE AND/OR SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES
Closed to the public. Report in regular meeting only:
1. LITIGATION: PSE V. CITY OF BELLINGHAM - (REARDANZ – APPROX. 5 MIN.)
2. LITIGATION: GOVERNOR’S POINT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY V. CITY OF BELLINGHAM - (MARRINER – APPROX. 15 MIN.)
3. POTENTIAL LITIGATION - (HOISINGTON – APPROX. 10 MIN.)
4. LITIGATION: WHATCOM COUNTY & CITY OF BELLINGHAM V. STATE OF WASHINGTON AND WASHINGTON STATE DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE – (HOISINGTON – APPROX. 10 MIN.)
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY:
1. STANDING TIME FOR BRIEFINGS, UPDATES AND REPORTS TO COUNCIL BY THE MAYOR, IF NEEDED. INFORMATION ONLY.
2. MAYOR’S APPOINTMENT OF DEBBIE PATON AND ALEX ALLYNE TO THE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT ADVISORY BOARD FOR COUNCIL’S INFORMATION
40 - 42
3. MAYOR’S REAPPOINTMENT OF CHARLES MATTHEWS TO THE GREENWAYS ADVISORY COMMITTEE FOR COUNCIL’S APPROVAL
4. MAYOR’S APPOINTMENT OF MARK BUEHRER AND REAPPOINTMENT OF NIKI THANE AND MIKE JOHNSTON TO THE LAKE WHATCOM WATERSHED ADVISORY BOARD FOR COUNCIL’S APPROVAL
44 - 45
5. MAYOR’S REAPPOINTMENT OF JULIANNA GUY AND WILLIAM HADLY TO THE PARKS AND RECREATION ADVISORY BOARD FOR COUNCIL’S INFORMATION
1. **AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE 2010 BUDGET APPROPRIATING $35,000.00 FROM ESTIMATED ENDING DESIGNATED RESERVES IN THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE FUND FOR HOUSING ASSISTANCE FOR THE CHRONIC HOMELESS POPULATION
47 - 57
2. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FROM JUNE 11, 2010 TO JUNE 18, 2010
3. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FROM JUNE 18, 2010 TO JUNE 24, 2010
4. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FROM JUNE 24, 2010 TO JULY 2, 2010
5. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR PAYROLL FROM JUNE 1, 2010 TO JUNE 15, 2010
FINAL CONSIDERATION OF ORDINANCES
1. CB 13626 – AN ORDINANCE ESTABLISHING A TRANSPORTATION BENEFIT DISTRICT (TBD); SPECIFYING THAT THE BOUNDARIES OF THE DISTRICT WILL COINCIDE WITH CITY BOUNDARIES; AND SPECIFYING THE TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENTS TO BE FUNDED BY THE DISTRICT.
62 - 66
2. CB 13627 - AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE 2010 BUDGET TO ACCOUNT FOR THE RECEIPT OF A WASHINGTON STATE DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY GRANT AND APPROPRIATING AN ADDITIONAL $232,850.00 OF EXPENDITURES IN THE STORM & SURFACE WATER UTILITY FUND.
67 - 70
3. CB 13928 – AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE VACATION OF THOSE PORTIONS OF THE LAFAYETTE STREET RIGHT-OF-WAY ABUTTING LOTS 1-10, BLOCK 10 ELDRIDGE'S 2ND ADDITION TO BELLINGHAM AND THOSE PORTIONS OF W. INDIANA STREET RIGHT-OF-WAY ABUTTING LOTS 1-4 OF THE HARRID PACK SHORT PLAT AND LOT 11, BLOCK 10, ELDRIDGE'S 2ND ADDITION TO BELLINGHAM.
71 - 76
4. CB13629 – AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE 2010 GENERAL FUND BUDGET RECOGNIZING RECEIPT OF A $349,384.00 CLIMATE SHOWCASE COMMUNITIES GRANT FROM THE ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY, APPROPRIATING RELATED EXPENDITURES IN THE PLANNING DEPARTMENT AND PLACING $21,186.00 LABOR REIMBURSEMENT IN ESTIMATED ENDING UNDESIGNATED RESERVES.
77 - 79
|** INDICATES THE INTRODUCTION OF ORDINANCE/RESOLUTION|
|The agenda packet, which contains the supporting documentation for agenda items, is available at the Public Library or can be purchased in the Finance office for $4.00. |
|BROADCAST INFORMATION |
|The Bellingham City Council Committee Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 starting at 1:00 p.m. Bellingham City Council Regular Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 beginning at 7:00 p.m. |
The meetings are also streamed live on the internet as they occur and are available at http://www.cob.org/services/education/btv10/live-stream.aspx. BTV10 programming is available 24/7 to anyone with a computer and high-speed internet access. On-line viewers will see exactly what the Comcast cable customers would see on Channel 10, without the need for cable television service.
The Bellingham Public Library also has DVD’s available for checkout. Video and audio files are available on the Internet at http://www.cob.org within 5 business days following each meeting.
|COUNCIL MEETING VIEWING SCHEDULE: BTV10 AND WEBSITE |
|Mon. 1 p.m.||Live broadcast of Committee meetings as they occur. |
|Mon. 7 p.m.||Live broadcast of Regular meeting as it occurs. |
|Tues. noon||Repeat broadcast of Monday afternoon Committee meetings. |
|Tues. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Wed. 8 a.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Fri. 5 p.m.||Council Committee and Regular meetings posted on city website no later than this day/time (though usually posted much sooner.) |
|Sat. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|FOR OUR CITIZENS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS, the Council Chambers is fully accessible. Hearing assistance is available and a receiver may be checked out through the clerk prior to the evening session. For additional accommodations, persons are asked to contact the Legislative Assistant at 778-8200 at least 3 working days in advance of the meeting. Thank you. |
NEXT CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Monday, July 26, 2010
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT MATERIAL FOR THE PUBLIC HEARINGS FOR INCLUSION IN THE PUBLISHED AGENDA PACKET:
07/21/2010 10:00 AM