|THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY: |
|CALL TO ORDER |
|ANNOUNCEMENTS & UPCOMING MEETINGS:
On Monday, September 20, at 10:00 AM in the Fireplace Room, there will be a Lake Whatcom Reservoir and Natural Resources Committee special meeting to discuss a Lake Whatcom restoration plan.
On Tuesday, September 21, at 10:00 AM in the Mayor’s Board Room, there will be a Planning and Community Development Committee worksession to discuss downtown music noise.
On Monday, September 27, at 7:00 PM in City Council Chambers, there will be a Public Hearing regarding a Happy Valley Neighborhood Plan amendment application of the neighborhood to incorporate a Green Infrastructure Plan.
On Monday, September 27, at 7:00 PM in City Council Chambers, there will be a Public Hearing regarding a Happy Valley Neighborhood Plan amendment application of WWU to change a land use designation from multi-family residential to institutional.
On Monday, September 27, at 7:00 PM in City Council Chambers, there will be a Public Hearing regarding a Central Business District plan amendment application of Seaview North Boatyards to rezone property from commercial waterfront to light industrial.
On Monday, October 11, at 7:00 PM in City Council Chambers, there will be two Public Hearings related to: 1) City-initiated Comprehensive Plan Amendments to modify the existing Meridian/Cordata Neighborhood Plan; and, 2) a Comprehensive Plan Amendment and site-specific rezone for Area 23 of the Meridian/Cordata Neighborhood.
Bellingham City Council meets all requirements of the State of Washington Open Meetings Act.
|PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE |
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
|During this period of time, citizens may speak informally to the Council on subjects not scheduled for public hearing. EACH SPEAKER IS ALLOWED A MAXIMUM OF THREE MINUTES. If the speaker has written comments for the Council, an additional copy should be handed to the Clerk, preferably before the meeting, for our office files. |
1. CONSIDERATION OF AN ORDINANCE ADOPTING THE FOUNTAIN DISTRICT SUBAREA PLAN AND CORRESPONDING CHANGES TO THE ZONING AND DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS
1 - 160
THE FOLLOWING ARE HEARD IN BOTH COMMITTEE AND REGULAR MEETINGS
COUNCIL STANDING COMMITTEE MEETINGSOpen to the public. Committees report to the full Council at regular evening meeting:
PUBLIC WORKS/PUBLIC SAFETY 1:00 PM - 1:05 PM
BARRY BUCHANAN (CHAIR); JACK WEISS; STAN SNAPP
1. APPROVAL OF SALE OF SURPLUS RESCUE VEHICLE #471
161 - 162
2. **AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE 2010 BUDGET APPROPRIATING $235,720.19 FROM ESTIMATED ENDING UNDESIGNATED RESERVES IN THE FLEET FUND TO PURCHASE POLICE PATROL VEHICLES
163 - 166LAKE WHATCOM RESERVOIR AND NATURAL RESOURCES 1:05 PM - 1:15 PM
MICHAEL LILLIQUIST (CHAIR); STAN SNAPP; BARRY BUCHANAN; SETH FLEETWOOD
1. BRIEFING ON CITY’S RESPONSE TO THE NATIONAL MARINE FISHERIES SERVICE BIOLOGICAL OPINION REGARDING SALMON HABITAT PROTECTION STANDARDS WITHIN REGULATORY FLOODPLAINS
167 - 169PLANNING/NEIGHBORHOODS & COMM. DEV. 1:15 PM - 1:45 PM
TERRY BORNEMANN (CHAIR); JACK WEISS; SETH FLEETWOOD; MICHAEL LILLIQUIST
1. WORKSESSION REGARDING CONSIDERATION OF A REQUEST TO INITIATE REVIEW PROCESS FOR THE YEW STREET ROAD EAST ANNEXATION
170 - 176COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE 1:45 PM - 1:50 PM
GENE KNUTSON (CHAIR)
EXECUTIVE SESSION 1:50 PM - 2:20 PM
1. APPROVAL OF CITY COUNCIL COMMITTEE AND/OR SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES
Closed to the public. Report in regular meeting only:
1. POTENTIAL PROPERTY ACQUISITION - (HOISINGTON – APPROX. 5 MIN.)
2. POTENTIAL PROPERTY ACQUISITION - (HOISINGTON – APPROX. 10 MIN.)
3. CONTRACT RATIFICATION - (KLEMANSKI – APPROX. 15 MIN.)
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY:
1. STANDING TIME FOR BRIEFINGS, UPDATES AND REPORTS TO COUNCIL BY THE MAYOR, IF NEEDED. INFORMATION ONLY.
2. MAYOR’S REAPPOINTMENT OF MICHAEL SINGLETARY, MOLLY MONAHAN AND DAN HAMMILL TO THE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT ADVISORY BOARD FOR COUNCIL’S INFORMATION
1. **RESOLUTION ADOPTING THE NATIONAL INCIDENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (NIMS)
178 - 180
2. **RESOLUTION TO SET A PUBLIC HEARING DATE OF OCTOBER 20, 2010 BEFORE THE HEARING EXAMINER FOR A STREET VACATION PETITION FOR 26TH STREET AND THE ALLEYWAY TO THE WEST
181 - 185
3. BID AWARD FOR POLICE UNIFORMS, BID #53B-2010
186 - 187
4. BID AWARD FOR CITY HALL ROOF REPLACEMENT, BID #52B-2010
188 - 189
5. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FROM JULY 30, 2010 TO AUGUST 6, 2010
6. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FROM AUGUST 6, 2010 TO AUGUST 13, 2010
7. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FROM AUGUST 13, 2010 TO AUGUST 20, 2010
8. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FROM AUGUST 27, 2010
9. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FROM AUGUST 27, 2010 TO SEPTEMBER 3, 2010
10. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR PAYROLL FROM JULY 16, 2010 TO JULY 31, 2010
11. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR PAYROLL FROM AUGUST 1, 2010 TO AUGUST 15, 2010
FINAL CONSIDERATION OF ORDINANCES
1. CB 13640 – AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO BELLINGHAM MUNICIPAL CODE CHAPTER 2.44, TRANSPORTATION COMMISSION, AMENDING SECTION 2.44.010 B. PERTAINING TO MEMBERSHIP, AND ADDING A NEW SECTION 2.44.050 (11) TO AUTHORIZE THE TRANSPORTATION COMMISSION TO ADVISE BELLINGHAM TRANSPORTATION BENEFIT DISTRICT. NO.1
197 - 199
|** INDICATES THE INTRODUCTION OF ORDINANCE/RESOLUTION|
|The agenda packet, which contains the supporting documentation for agenda items, is available at the Public Library or can be purchased in the Finance office for $4.00. |
|BROADCAST INFORMATION |
|The Bellingham City Council Committee Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 starting at 1:00 p.m. Bellingham City Council Regular Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 beginning at 7:00 p.m. |
The meetings are also streamed live on the internet as they occur and are available at http://www.cob.org/services/education/btv10/live-stream.aspx. BTV10 programming is available 24/7 to anyone with a computer and high-speed internet access. On-line viewers will see exactly what the Comcast cable customers would see on Channel 10, without the need for cable television service.
The Bellingham Public Library also has DVD’s available for checkout. Video and audio files are available on the Internet at http://www.cob.org within 5 business days following each meeting.
|COUNCIL MEETING VIEWING SCHEDULE: BTV10 AND WEBSITE |
|Mon. 1 p.m.||Live broadcast of Committee meetings as they occur. |
|Mon. 7 p.m.||Live broadcast of Regular meeting as it occurs. |
|Tues. noon||Repeat broadcast of Monday afternoon Committee meetings. |
|Tues. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Wed. 8 a.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Fri. 5 p.m.||Council Committee and Regular meetings posted on city website no later than this day/time (though usually posted much sooner.) |
|Sat. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|FOR OUR CITIZENS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS, the Council Chambers is fully accessible. Hearing assistance is available and a receiver may be checked out through the clerk prior to the evening session. For additional accommodations, persons are asked to contact the Legislative Assistant at 778-8200 at least 3 working days in advance of the meeting. Thank you. |
NEXT CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Monday, September 27, 2010
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT MATERIAL FOR THE PUBLIC HEARINGS FOR INCLUSION IN THE PUBLISHED AGENDA PACKET:
09/22/2010 10:00 AM