|THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY: |
|CALL TO ORDER |
|ANNOUNCEMENTS & UPCOMING MEETINGS:
Additional City Council Meetings have been added to the Council's schedule on May 14. Committee Sessions begin at 1:00 PM and the Regular Meeting at 7:00 PM.
On Monday, May 14, at 7:00 PM, in City Council Chambers, there will be a public hearing to consider an amendment to the City's Comprehensive Plan to add a new Environment Chapter.
On Monday, May 21, at 7:00 PM, in City Council Chambers, there will be a public hearing regarding the Draft 2013-2018 Transportation Improvement Program (6-year TIP).
On Saturday, May 19, 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, at Lairmont Manor, 405 Fieldston Rd., the City Council will hold a retreat to discuss City Departments' and City Council work plan priorities in preparation for 2013 budgeting.
On Monday, June 4, at 7:00 PM, in City Council Chambers, there will be a public hearing regarding a Fairhaven Neighborhood Plan Amendment and Urban Village Plan.
Bellingham City Council meets all requirements of the State of Washington Open Meetings Act.
|PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE |
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
|During this period of time, citizens may speak informally to the Council on subjects not scheduled for public hearing. EACH SPEAKER IS ALLOWED A MAXIMUM OF THREE MINUTES. If the speaker has written comments for the Council, an additional copy should be handed to the Clerk, preferably before the meeting, for our office files. |
1. PRESENTATION TO COUNCIL BY COMMUNITYWISE BELLINGHAM
2. MEDICAL MARIJUANA AND COLLECTIVE GARDEN STATUS REPORT
1. CONSIDERATION OF SURPLUS PROPERTY DECLARATIONS FOR PROPERTIES LOCATED ON MERIDIAN AND PEABODY STREETS
2. CONSIDERATION OF A SITE SPECIFIC COMPREHENSIVE PLAN AND NEIGHBORHOOD PLAN AMENDMENT AND REZONE WITHIN THE HAPPY VALLEY AND FAIRHAVEN NEIGHBORHOODS
THE FOLLOWING ARE HEARD IN BOTH COMMITTEE AND REGULAR MEETINGS
COUNCIL STANDING COMMITTEE MEETINGSOpen to the public. Committees report to the full Council at regular evening meeting:
FINANCE & PERSONNEL 1:00 PM - 1:25 PM
MICHAEL LILLIQUIST (CHAIR); CATHY LEHMAN; STAN SNAPP
1. FINANCIAL REPORT, 1ST QUARTER
PUBLIC WORKS/PUBLIC SAFETY 1:25 PM - 1:40 PM
2. **AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE 2012 BUDGET RECOGNIZING A $2,500,000 GRANT FROM THE WASHINGTON STATE DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY TO PROVIDE CERTAIN REMEDIAL ACTIONS AT THE R.G. HALEY SITE AND APPROPRIATING RELATED EXPENDITURES IN THE ENVIRONMENTAL REMEDIATION FUND.
STAN SNAPP (CHAIR); GENE KNUTSON; SETH FLEETWOOD
PLANNING/NEIGHBORHOODS & COMM. DEV. 1:40 PM - 1:40 PM
1. PROPOSALS FROM POTENTIAL PARKADE TENANT
JACK WEISS (CHAIR); SETH FLEETWOOD; MICHAEL LILLIQUIST; CATHY LEHMAN
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE 1:40 PM - 1:45 PM
1. A COMPREHENSIVE PLAN AMENDMENT AND REZONE FOR APPROXIMATELY 113 ACRES IN AREAS 5 AND 6, SAMISH NEIGHBORHOOD. APPLICANT: FREE SPIRIT ENTERPRISES, LLC. OWNER: PADDEN TRAILS, LLC (THIS ITEM MAY BE MOVED TO THE END OF THE COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE AGENDA TO ALLOW EXTENDED TIME FOR DISCUSSION.)
TERRY BORNEMANN (CHAIR)
1. **AN ORDINANCE TO AMEND BELLINGHAM MUNICIPAL CODE CHAPTER 6.17 RELATING TO CABLE TELEVISION
EXECUTIVE SESSION 1:45 PM - 2:10 PM
2. APPROVAL OF CITY COUNCIL COMMITTEE AND/OR SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES
Closed to the public. Report in regular meeting only:
1. LABOR RELATIONS UPDATE - (KLEMANSKI – APPROX. 5 MIN.)
2. LITIGATION: IN RE THE ESTATE OF DOROTHY DEETS - (MARRINER – APPROX. 10 MIN.)
3. LITIGATION: SQUALICUM ROAD APPEALS - (MARRINER – APPROX. 10 MIN.)
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY:
1. STANDING TIME FOR BRIEFINGS, UPDATES AND REPORTS TO COUNCIL BY THE MAYOR, IF NEEDED. INFORMATION ONLY.
2. MAYOR'S REAPPOINTMENT OF STEVE LECOCQ AND APPOINTMENTS OF VALE HARTLEY, TERRI CLARKE, DICK CONOBOY AND CHERYL KELLY TO THE MAYOR'S NEIGHBORHOOD ADVISORY COMMISSION FOR COUNCIL'S INFORMATION.
1. BID AWARD FOR BRASS SERVICE AND THREADED FITTINGS, BID #23B-2012
2. NOISE VARIANCE FOR POST POINT WASTE WATER TREATMENT PLANT IMPROVEMENTS
3. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECKS ISSUED FOR PAY PERIOD APRIL 13, 2012 THROUGH APRIL 19, 2012
4. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECKS ISSUED FOR PAY PERIOD APRIL 20, 2012 THROUGH APRIL 26, 2012
5. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECKS ISSUED FOR PAYROLL APRIL 11, 2012 THROUGH APRIL 25, 2012
FINAL CONSIDERATION OF ORDINANCES
1. AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF BELLINGHAM WASHINGTON AMENDING BMC 15.08.200, BMC 15.08.230(B), BMC 15.12.165 AND BMC 15.12.170 REGARDING FEES RELATED TO REACTIVATION OF ABANDONED WATER AND SEWER SERVICE
2. ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE VACATION OF CLINTON STREET BETWEEN C AND DIVISION STREETS, ABUTTING LOT 8, BLOCK 1 AND LOT 1, BLOCK 2, WHATCOM SUPPLEMENTAL, ALL WITHIN THE CITY OF BELLINGHAM
3. AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE 2012 BUDGET RECOGNIZING A $20,658.00 GRANT FROM THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE TO DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND SEXUAL ASSAULT SERVICES (DVSAS) IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE BELLINGHAM POLICE DEPARTMENT AND APPROPRIATING RELATED EXPENDITURES IN THE GENERAL FUND
4. AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE 2012 BUDGET REALLOCATING EXPENDITURES IN VARIOUS FUNDS TO PROVIDE FOR A REORGANIZATION OF THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT STAFF, AND PLACING THE ESTIMATED $42,359.00 SURPLUS FOR 2012 IN ENDING RESERVES
|** INDICATES THE INTRODUCTION OF ORDINANCE/RESOLUTION|
|The agenda packet, which contains the supporting documentation for agenda items, is available at the Public Library or can be purchased in the Finance office for $4.00. |
|BROADCAST INFORMATION |
|The Bellingham City Council Committee Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 starting at 1:00 p.m. Bellingham City Council Regular Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 beginning at 7:00 p.m. |
The meetings are also streamed live on the internet as they occur and are available at http://www.cob.org/services/education/btv10/live-stream.aspx. BTV10 programming is available 24/7 to anyone with a computer and high-speed internet access. On-line viewers will see exactly what the Comcast cable customers would see on Channel 10, without the need for cable television service.
The Bellingham Public Library also has DVD’s available for checkout. Video and audio files are available on the Internet at http://www.cob.org within 5 business days following each meeting.
|COUNCIL MEETING VIEWING SCHEDULE: BTV10 AND WEBSITE |
|Mon. 1 p.m.||Live broadcast of Committee meetings as they occur. |
|Mon. 7 p.m.||Live broadcast of Regular meeting as it occurs. |
|Tues. noon||Repeat broadcast of Monday afternoon Committee meetings. |
|Tues. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Wed. 8 a.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Fri. 5 p.m.||Council Committee and Regular meetings posted on city website no later than this day/time (though usually posted much sooner.) |
|Sat. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|FOR OUR CITIZENS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS, the Council Chambers is fully accessible. Hearing assistance is available and a receiver may be checked out through the clerk prior to the evening session. For additional accommodations, persons are asked to contact the Legislative Assistant at 778-8200 at least 3 working days in advance of the meeting. Thank you. |
NEXT CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Monday, May 14, 2012
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT MATERIAL FOR THE PUBLIC HEARINGS FOR INCLUSION IN THE PUBLISHED AGENDA PACKET:
05/09/2012 10:00 AM