|THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY: |
|CALL TO ORDER |
|ANNOUNCEMENTS & UPCOMING MEETINGS:
On Monday, October 18, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM, in the Mayor’s Boardroom there will be a Special Worksession regarding the 2011 budget.
On Monday, October 25, at 7:00 PM in City Council Chambers there will be a Public Hearing regarding York Neighborhood Plan Amendments.
On Monday, November 1, at 7:00 PM in City Council Chambers there will be a Public Hearing regarding amendments to the multi-family tax exemption ordinance.
On Monday, November 8, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM in the Mayor’s Boardroom there will be a Special Worksession regarding the 2011 budget.
On Monday, November 15, 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM in the Mayor’s Boardroom there will be a Special Worksession regarding the 2011 budget.
On Monday, November 22, at 7:00 PM in City Council Chambers there will be a Public Hearing regarding the Silver Beach Neighborhood Plan Amendment.
Bellingham City Council meets all requirements of the State of Washington Open Meetings Act.
|PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE |
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
|During this period of time, citizens may speak informally to the Council on subjects not scheduled for public hearing. EACH SPEAKER IS ALLOWED A MAXIMUM OF THREE MINUTES. If the speaker has written comments for the Council, an additional copy should be handed to the Clerk, preferably before the meeting, for our office files. |
1. PRESENTATION OF THE ICLEI ENERGY EFFICIENCY IMPLEMENTATION INNOVATION AWARD TO THE CITY OF BELLINGHAM
2. PRESENTATION OF THE AMERICAN WATER WORKS ASSOCIATION (AWWA) TEN-YEAR DIRECTORS AWARD FOR CONTINUOUS SAFE WATER IN THE CITY OF BELLINGHAM
2 - 5
3. PRELIMINARY REPORT FROM THE CAPITAL FACILITIES TASK FORCE
1. PUBLIC HEARING ON PROJECTED REVENUES AND PROPERTY TAX LEVY AMOUNT INCREASE
2. RESOLUTION TO OPPOSE INITIATIVES 1100 AND 1105 RELATED TO PRIVATIZATION OF LIQUOR SALES
8 - 12
3. CONSIDERATION OF MODIFICATION TO THE MERIDIAN NEIGHBORHOOD PLAN, ZONING TABLE AND MAPS AND CREATION OF A NEW CORDATA NEIGHBORHOOD PLAN
13 - 194
4. CONSIDERATION OF A COMPREHENSIVE PLAN AMENDMENT AND SITE-SPECIFIC REZONE FOR A PORTION OF AREA 1, MERIDIAN NEIGHBORHOOD
195 - 263
THE FOLLOWING ARE HEARD IN BOTH COMMITTEE AND REGULAR MEETINGS
COUNCIL STANDING COMMITTEE MEETINGSOpen to the public. Committees report to the full Council at regular evening meeting:
FINANCE & PERSONNEL 1:00 PM - 1:20 PM
STAN SNAPP (CHAIR); BARRY BUCHANAN; MICHAEL LILLIQUIST
1. PRESENTATION OF THE 2011 PRELIMINARY BUDGET
264PUBLIC WORKS/PUBLIC SAFETY 1:20 PM - 1:30 PM
BARRY BUCHANAN (CHAIR); JACK WEISS; STAN SNAPP
1. **AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO BMC 6.54, REGULATION OF TAXI CABS AND FOR-HIRE VEHICLES TO DEFINE THE TERM “COMPENSATION”
265 - 267LAKE WHATCOM RESERVOIR AND NATURAL RESOURCES 1:30 PM - 1:45 PM
MICHAEL LILLIQUIST (CHAIR); STAN SNAPP; BARRY BUCHANAN; SETH FLEETWOOD
1. DISCUSSION OF DRAFT ORDINANCE TO AMEND BMC 15.45.050 REVISING RESTRICTIONS ON PHOSPHORUS IN GARDEN PRODUCTS AND REVIEW OF GUIDELINES FOR GARDENING PRACTICES IN THE LAKE WHATCOM WATERSHED
268 - 275PLANNING/NEIGHBORHOODS & COMM. DEV. 1:45 PM - 2:15 PM
TERRY BORNEMANN (CHAIR); JACK WEISS; SETH FLEETWOOD; MICHAEL LILLIQUIST
1. DISCUSSION OF DRAFT ORDINANCE TO EXPAND THE CITY’S INCENTIVES FOR AFFORDABLE HOUSING DEVELOPMENT
276 - 312COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE 2:15 PM - 2:20 PM
GENE KNUTSON (CHAIR)
EXECUTIVE SESSION 2:20 PM - 2:50 PM
1. APPROVAL OF CITY COUNCIL COMMITTEE AND/OR SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES
Closed to the public. Report in regular meeting only:
1. POTENTIAL PROPERTY ACQUISITION - (RUFFATTO – APPROX. 5 MIN.)
2. POTENTIAL PROPERTY ACQUISITION - (RUFFATTO – APPROX. 5 MIN.)
3. LITIGATION: PORT OF BELLINGHAM V CITY OF BELLINGHAM - (RUFFATTO – APPROX. 10 MIN.)
4. LITIGATION: HOFSTETTER V. CITY OF BELLINGHAM - (RUFFATTO – APPROX. 10 MIN.)
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY:
1. STANDING TIME FOR BRIEFINGS, UPDATES AND REPORTS TO COUNCIL BY THE MAYOR, IF NEEDED. INFORMATION ONLY. A MEMBER OF THE COUNCIL MAY ASK THAT AN ITEM BE REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA AND CONSIDERED SEPARATELY.
2. MAYOR’S APPOINTMENT OF CHRISTINE JENKINS TO THE TOURISM COMMISSION FOR COUNCIL’S INFORMATION
313 - 314
1. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FROM SEPTEMBER 17, 2010 TO SEPTEMBER 24, 2010
2. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FROM SEPTEMBER 24, 2010 TO OCTOBER 1, 2010
3. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR PAYROLL FROM SEPTEMBER 1, 2010 TO SEPTEMBER 15, 2010
FINAL CONSIDERATION OF ORDINANCES
1. CB 13645 - AN ORDINANCE RELATED TO LAND USE PLANNING AND ZONING ESTABLISHING THE FOUNTAIN DISTRICT URBAN VILLAGE SUBAREA PLAN, AMENDING PORTIONS OF LAND USE AREAS 3 AND 8, AND ALL OF AREAS 6 AND 10 OF THE COLUMBIA NEIGHBORHOOD PLAN; AREAS 9, 10, 11, 11A OF THE CORNWALL PARK NEIGHBORHOOD PLAN; A PORTION OF AREAS 3 AND 8, AND ALL OF AREAS 2 AND 5 OF THE LETTERED STREETS NEIGHBORHOOD PLAN; AND AMENDING THE LAND USE DEVELOPMENT CODE (TITLE 20) FOR THE PURPOSE OF ADOPTING THE FOUNTAIN DISTRICT URBAN VILLAGE SUBAREA PLAN AND ASSOCIATED DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS.
318 - 388
2. CB 13646 – AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE 2010 BUDGET APPROPRIATING $214,680.00 FROM TRANSPORTATION DEVELOPMENT FEES INTO THE STREET FUND TO CONSTRUCT THE TULL SHORT PLAT ACCESS ROAD
389 - 393
|** INDICATES THE INTRODUCTION OF ORDINANCE/RESOLUTION|
|The agenda packet, which contains the supporting documentation for agenda items, is available at the Public Library or can be purchased in the Finance office for $4.00. |
|BROADCAST INFORMATION |
|The Bellingham City Council Committee Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 starting at 1:00 p.m. Bellingham City Council Regular Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 beginning at 7:00 p.m. |
The meetings are also streamed live on the internet as they occur and are available at http://www.cob.org/services/education/btv10/live-stream.aspx. BTV10 programming is available 24/7 to anyone with a computer and high-speed internet access. On-line viewers will see exactly what the Comcast cable customers would see on Channel 10, without the need for cable television service.
The Bellingham Public Library also has DVD’s available for checkout. Video and audio files are available on the Internet at http://www.cob.org within 5 business days following each meeting.
|COUNCIL MEETING VIEWING SCHEDULE: BTV10 AND WEBSITE |
|Mon. 1 p.m.||Live broadcast of Committee meetings as they occur. |
|Mon. 7 p.m.||Live broadcast of Regular meeting as it occurs. |
|Tues. noon||Repeat broadcast of Monday afternoon Committee meetings. |
|Tues. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Wed. 8 a.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Fri. 5 p.m.||Council Committee and Regular meetings posted on city website no later than this day/time (though usually posted much sooner.) |
|Sat. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|FOR OUR CITIZENS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS, the Council Chambers is fully accessible. Hearing assistance is available and a receiver may be checked out through the clerk prior to the evening session. For additional accommodations, persons are asked to contact the Legislative Assistant at 778-8200 at least 3 working days in advance of the meeting. Thank you. |
NEXT CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Monday, October 25, 2010
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT MATERIAL FOR THE PUBLIC HEARINGS FOR INCLUSION IN THE PUBLISHED AGENDA PACKET:
10/20/2010 10:00 AM