|THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY: |
|CALL TO ORDER |
|ANNOUNCEMENTS & UPCOMING MEETINGS:
Bellingham City Council meets all requirements of the State of Washington Open Meetings Act.
1. On Wednesday, March 26 at 6:30 PM, in City Council Chambers, there will be an Annual Lake Whatcom Joint Councils and Commission Meeting.
2. On Monday, April 7 at 7:00 PM in Council Chambers there will be a Public Hearing for the consideration of a proposed text amendment to BMC 20.00.100 Lettered Streets Table of Zoning Regulations.
3. On Monday, April 7 at 7:00 PM in Council Chambers there will be a Public Hearing for presentation of the multi-agency recommendations for safety improvements to the Alabama Street corridor from Cornwall Avenue to St. Clair Street.
|PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE |
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
|During this period of time, citizens may speak informally to the Council on subjects not scheduled for public hearing. EACH SPEAKER IS ALLOWED A MAXIMUM OF THREE MINUTES. If the speaker has written comments for the Council, an additional copy should be handed to the Clerk, preferably before the meeting, for our office files. |
1. STAFF PRESENTATION RECOGNIZING DANNE NEILL FOR HER SERVICE ON THE PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION.
THE FOLLOWING ARE HEARD IN BOTH COMMITTEE AND REGULAR MEETINGS
COUNCIL STANDING COMMITTEE MEETINGSOpen to the public. Committees report to the full Council at regular evening meeting:
PUBLIC WORKS/PUBLIC SAFETY 1:00 PM
TERRY BORNEMANN (CHAIR); MICHAEL LILLIQUIST; JACK WEISS
1. ORDINANCE AMENDING BELLINGHAM MUNICIPAL CODE SECTION 4.82.060 REGARDING AMBULANCE SERVICE RATES
2. TEMPORARY STREET CLOSURE FOR JAMES STREET BRIDGE REPLACEMENT PROJECT, PROJECT NO. ER-0009
3. APPROVAL TO ENTER INTO LOAN AGREEMENT FOR STORMWATER MAIN REPLACEMENT AND WATER QUALITY IMPROVEMENTS WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY
4. CENTRAL BUSINESS DISTRICT BIORETENTION PROJECT BID AWARD (EV-105), BID NO. 87B-2013
FINANCE AND PERSONNEL 1:25 PM
5. WATER MAIN REPLACEMENT PROGRAM BID AWARD FOR 2014 (EW-0205) BID NUMBER 9B-2014
MICHAEL LILLIQUIST (CHAIR); GENE KNUTSON; TERRY BORNERMANN
1. AN ORDINANCE ADJUSTING ESTIMATED 2014 BUDGETED BEGINNING RESERVES BY $42,697,985 TO EQUAL ACTUAL BEGINNING RESERVE BALANCES
2. AN ORDINANCE AUTHORIZING $14,833,288.86 IN REAPPROPRIATIONS FOR GOODS AND SERVICES ORDERED IN 2013, BUT UNPAID AT YEAR END
PARKS AND RECREATION 1:50 PM
3. AN ORDINANCE AUTHORIZING $46,147,495.87 IN REAPPROPRIATIONS FOR GOODS AND SERVICES BUDGETED IN 2013, BUT UNENCUMBERED AT YEAR END
ROXANNE MURPHY (CHAIR); PINKY VARGAS; JACK WEISS
1. RATE CHANGE FOR PARK OPEN SPACE AND WOODSTOCK FARM FACILITY RENTALS
2. EXCHANGE OF EASEMENT RIGHTS WITH PUGET SOUND ENERGY
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE 2:20 PM
3. PARKS AND OPEN SPACE LEVEL OF SERVICE PRESENTATION
CATHY LEHMAN (CHAIR); JACK WEISS; GENE KNUTSON; MICHAEL LILLIQUIST; PINKY VARGAS; ROXANNE MURPHY; TERRY BORNEMANN
3. SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTER UPDATE
4. SURVEY OF BELLINGHAM BUSINESS LEADERS
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY:
1. APPROVAL OF MAYOR'S APPOINTMENT OF FINANCE DIRECTOR (COUNCIL APPROVAL)
2. MAYOR'S APPOINTMENT OF CERISE NOAH TO THE PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION (COUNCIL APPROVAL)
1. A/P CHECKS AND ACH FOR FEB. 28, 2014, $1,703,400.44
2. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECKS ISSUED
3. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECKS ISSUED
4. AUTHORIZATION OF PAYROLL LABOR COST PAYMENTS
FINAL CONSIDERATION OF ORDINANCES
1. AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF BELLINGHAM, WASHINGTON AMENDING BELLINGHAM MUNICIPAL CODE 15.08 TO ADOPT A SERVICE CLASSIFICATION AND VOLUMETRIC RATE FOR BULK WATER FILLING STATIONS
2. AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF BELLINGHAM APPROVING A DEMONSTRATION PROGRAM PROPOSAL FOR KULSHAN COMMUNITY LAND TRUST (KCLT) THAT WILL PROVIDE THREE DWELLING UNITS WITH PERMANENTLY AFFORDABLE HOMEOWNERSHIP CONSISTENT WITH CHAPTER 20.27 OF THE BELLINGHAM MUNICIPAL CODE
3. AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE 2014 BUDGET INCREASING GENERAL FUND REVENUE BY $19,096.00 AS A RESULT OF A DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE STOP GRANT TO THE POLICE DEPARTMENT AND APPROPRIATING $19,096.00 IN RELATED EXPENDITURES.
|** INDICATES THE INTRODUCTION OF ORDINANCE/RESOLUTION|
|The agenda packet, which contains the supporting documentation for agenda items, is available at the Public Library or can be purchased in the Finance office for $4.00. |
|BROADCAST INFORMATION |
|The Bellingham City Council Committee Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 starting at 1:00 p.m. Bellingham City Council Regular Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 beginning at 7:00 p.m. |
The meetings are also streamed live on the internet as they occur and are available at http://www.cob.org/services/education/btv10/live-stream.aspx. BTV10 programming is available 24/7 to anyone with a computer and high-speed internet access. On-line viewers will see exactly what the Comcast cable customers would see on Channel 10, without the need for cable television service.
The Bellingham Public Library also has DVD’s available for checkout. Video and audio files are available on the Internet at http://www.cob.org within 5 business days following each meeting.
|COUNCIL MEETING VIEWING SCHEDULE: BTV10 AND WEBSITE |
|Mon. 1 p.m.||Live broadcast of Committee meetings as they occur. |
|Mon. 7 p.m.||Live broadcast of Regular meeting as it occurs. |
|Tues. noon||Repeat broadcast of Monday afternoon Committee meetings. |
|Tues. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Wed. 8 a.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Fri. 5 p.m.||Council Committee and Regular meetings posted on city website no later than this day/time (though usually posted much sooner.) |
|Sat. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|FOR OUR CITIZENS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS, the Council Chambers is fully accessible. Hearing assistance is available and a receiver may be checked out through the clerk prior to the evening session. For additional accommodations, persons are asked to contact the Legislative Assistant at 778-8200 at least 3 working days in advance of the meeting. Thank you. |
NEXT CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Monday, April 07, 2014
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT MATERIAL FOR THE PUBLIC HEARINGS FOR INCLUSION IN THE PUBLISHED AGENDA PACKET:
04/02/2014 10:00 AM