|THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY: |
|CALL TO ORDER |
|ANNOUNCEMENTS & UPCOMING MEETINGS:
On April 12, at 7:00 PM in City Council Chambers, there will be a public hearing regarding possible exceptions to the 90,000 sq ft size limits for retail establishments, also known as the “Big Box” ordinance.
Bellingham City Council meets all requirements of the State of Washington Open Meetings Act.
|PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE |
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
|During this period of time, citizens may speak informally to the Council on subjects not scheduled for public hearing. EACH SPEAKER IS ALLOWED A MAXIMUM OF THREE MINUTES. If the speaker has written comments for the Council, an additional copy should be handed to the Clerk, preferably before the meeting, for our office files. |
THE FOLLOWING ARE HEARD IN BOTH COMMITTEE AND REGULAR MEETINGS
COUNCIL STANDING COMMITTEE MEETINGSOpen to the public. Committees report to the full Council at regular evening meeting:
FINANCE & PERSONNEL 1:00 PM - 2:15 PM
STAN SNAPP (CHAIR); BARRY BUCHANAN; MICHAEL LILLIQUIST
1. REVIEW OF 2009 FISCAL YEAR END FINANCIAL REPORT
1 - 4
2. INTRODUCTION OF COMPREHENSIVE FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT GUIDELINES
5 - 39
3. **AN ORDINANCE TO ADJUST ESTIMATED 2010 BUDGETED BEGINNING RESERVE BALANCES BY $42,834,672.18 TO EQUAL ACTUAL BEGINNING RESERVE BALANCES
40 - 55
4. **AN ORDINANCE TO AUTHORIZE $14,447,432.48 IN REAPPROPRIATIONS FOR GOODS AND SERVICES ORDERED IN 2009, BUT UNPAID AT YEAR-END CLOSING
56 - 77
5. **AN ORDINANCE TO AUTHORIZE $45,045,924.26 OF REAPPROPRIATIONS FOR GOODS AND SERVICES BUDGETED IN 2009 BUT UNENCUMBERED AT YEAR END
78 - 97
6. **AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE 2010 BUDGET APPROPRIATING AN ADDITIONAL $64,998 FROM GENERAL FUND ESTIMATED ENDING UNDESIGNATED RESERVES TO REINSTATE A POSITION IN THE BELLINGHAM POLICE DEPARTMENT
98 - 100PLANNING/NEIGHBORHOODS & COMM. DEV. 2:15 PM - 2:20 PM
TERRY BORNEMANN (CHAIR); JACK WEISS; SETH FLEETWOOD; MICHAEL LILLIQUIST
1. **AN ORDINANCE AMENDING BMC 2.42 REGARDING APPOINTMENTS TO THE BELLINGHAM PLANNING COMMISSION
101 - 104PARKS & RECREATION 2:20 PM - 2:25 PM
SETH FLEETWOOD (CHAIR); TERRY BORNEMANN; STAN SNAPP
1. BID AWARD, WILLOW SPRING AND SQUALICUM CREEK PARK, PROJECT #EN-26; BID #104B-2009
105 - 108TRANSPORTATION COMMITTEE 2:25 PM - 2:45 PM
JACK WEISS (CHAIR); STAN SNAPP; MICHAEL LILLIQUIST
1. PRESENTATION ON PAVEMENT AND UTILITY REPLACEMENT PRIORITIZATION PROCESS
109 - 110PUBLIC WORKS/PUBLIC SAFETY 2:45 PM - 3:05 PM
BARRY BUCHANAN (CHAIR); JACK WEISS; STAN SNAPP
1. DISCUSSION REGARDING EXPANSION AT THE POST POINT WASTEWATER TREATMENT FACILITY
111 - 132COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE 3:05 PM - 3:45 PM
GENE KNUTSON (CHAIR)
1. **RESOLUTION TO INVITE THE BUSINESS ALLIANCE FOR LOCAL LIVING ECONOMIES (BALLE) TO HOLD THEIR JUNE 2011 NATIONAL CONFERENCE IN THE CITY OF BELLINGHAM
133 - 135
2. A WORKSESSION TO CONSIDER EXCEPTIONS TO THE 90,000 SQUARE FOOT SIZE LIMIT FOR RETAIL ESTABLISHMENTS.
136 - 142
EXECUTIVE SESSION 3:45 PM - 4:25 PM
3. APPROVAL OF CITY COUNCIL COMMITTEE AND/OR SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES
Closed to the public. Report in regular meeting only:
1. POTENTIAL PROPERTY ACQUISITION - (Marriner – Approx. 10 min.)
2. POTENTIAL LITIGATION - (Marriner – Approx. 10 min.)
3. LITIGATION: EBENAL V. CITY OF BELLINGHAM – (Reardanz – Approx. 20 min.)
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY:
1. Standing time for briefings, updates and reports to Council by the Mayor, if needed. Information only.
2. **GOOGLE FIBER FOR COMMUNITIES RESOLUTION
143 - 145
3. MAYOR’S APPOINTMENTS OF TERESA VANHAALEN AND CAMI OSTMAN, AND REAPPOINTMENTS OF BARBARA SANCHEZ, TERRY CARTEN AND PATRICK BUCKLEY TO THE BELLINGHAM SISTER CITIES ASSOCIATION BOARD FOR COUNCIL’S INFORMATION
146 - 151
4. MAYOR’S APPOINTMENTS OF ALEX MCLEAN AND CHARLES MATTHEWS TO THE GREENWAY ADVISORY COMMITTEE FOR COUNCIL’S APPROVAL
152 - 154
5. MAYOR’S APPOINTMENTS OF ALFRED ARKLEY TO THE LAKE WHATCOM WATERSHED ADVISORY BOARD FOR COUNCIL’S APPROVAL
155 - 156
6. MAYOR’S APPOINTMENTS OF RAMIRO ESPINOZA AND DEE ROBINSON, AND REAPPOINTMENT OF ROBERT SIMPSON TO THE WHATCOM MUSEUM FOUNDATION BOARD FOR COUNCIL’S APPROVAL
157 - 159
1. **AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE 2010 BUDGET AUTHORIZING ADDITIONAL REVENUES AND EXPENDITURES FOR B&O TAX AUDITS
160 - 162
2. BID AWARD FOR LIQUID CHLORINE, BID #7B-2010
163 - 164
3. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FROM fEBRUARY 12, 2010 to FEBRUARY 19, 2010.
4. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FROM FEBRUARY 19, 2010 to FEBRUARY 26, 2010.
5. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FROM FEBRUARY 26, 2010 to MARCH 5, 2010.
6. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR payroll FROM FEBRUARY 1, 2010 to FEBRUARY 15, 2010.
7. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR payroll FROM FEBRUARY 16, 2010 to FEBRUARY 28, 2010.
FINAL CONSIDERATION OF ORDINANCES
1. CB 13601 – AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF BELLINGHAM RELATING TO BELLINGHAM MUNICIPAL CODE (BMC) TITLE 20 LAND USE DEVELOPMENT ORDINANCE, REZONING PROPERTY AT 1906 WILSON AVENUE, IN AREA 5 OF THE HAPPY VALLEY NEIGHBORHOOD ZONING TABLE AND MAP (BMC 20.00.090), AND APPROVING THE ASSOCIATED DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT
170 - 197
|** INDICATES THE INTRODUCTION OF ORDINANCE/RESOLUTION|
|The agenda packet, which contains the supporting documentation for agenda items, is available at the Public Library or can be purchased in the Finance office for $4.00. |
|BROADCAST INFORMATION |
|The Bellingham City Council Committee Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 starting at 1:00 p.m. Bellingham City Council Regular Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 beginning at 7:00 p.m. |
The meetings are also streamed live on the internet as they occur and are available at http://www.cob.org/services/education/btv10/live-stream.aspx. BTV10 programming is available 24/7 to anyone with a computer and high-speed internet access. On-line viewers will see exactly what the Comcast cable customers would see on Channel 10, without the need for cable television service.
The Bellingham Public Library also has DVD’s available for checkout. Video and audio files are available on the Internet at http://www.cob.org within 5 business days following each meeting.
|COUNCIL MEETING VIEWING SCHEDULE: BTV10 AND WEBSITE |
|Mon. 1 p.m.||Live broadcast of Committee meetings as they occur. |
|Mon. 7 p.m.||Live broadcast of Regular meeting as it occurs. |
|Tues. noon||Repeat broadcast of Monday afternoon Committee meetings. |
|Tues. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Wed. 8 a.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Fri. 5 p.m.||Council Committee and Regular meetings posted on city website no later than this day/time (though usually posted much sooner.) |
|Sat. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|FOR OUR CITIZENS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS, the Council Chambers is fully accessible. Hearing assistance is available and a receiver may be checked out through the clerk prior to the evening session. For additional accommodations, persons are asked to contact the Legislative Assistant at 778-8200 at least 3 working days in advance of the meeting. Thank you. |
NEXT CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Monday, March 29, 2010
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT MATERIAL FOR THE PUBLIC HEARINGS FOR INCLUSION IN THE PUBLISHED AGENDA PACKET:
03/24/2010 10:00 AM