|THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY: |
|CALL TO ORDER |
|ANNOUNCEMENTS & UPCOMING MEETINGS:
On Friday, February 24, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM there will be a Special Executive Session of the Council to conduct interviews of candidates for City Attorney. Executive Sessions are not open to the public.
On Monday, February 27, 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM, in the Mayor’s Board Room, there will be a special worksession of City Council for the purpose of work planning.
On Monday, March 12, 7:00 PM in City Council Chambers, there will be two Public Hearings held simultaneously regarding: (1) a comprehensive plan amendment/rezone request, and (2) consideration of a development agreement, both for the Padden Trails development project.
On Wednesday, March 21, 6:00 PM in City Council Chambers, there will be the annual Joint City of Bellingham & Whatcom County Councils and Lake Whatcom Water and Sewer District meeting.
Bellingham City Council meets all requirements of the State of Washington Open Meetings Act.
|PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE |
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
|During this period of time, citizens may speak informally to the Council on subjects not scheduled for public hearing. EACH SPEAKER IS ALLOWED A MAXIMUM OF THREE MINUTES. If the speaker has written comments for the Council, an additional copy should be handed to the Clerk, preferably before the meeting, for our office files. |
1. **RESOLUTION HONORING JOAN HOISINGTON FOR HER SERVICE
THE FOLLOWING ARE HEARD IN BOTH COMMITTEE AND REGULAR MEETINGS
COUNCIL STANDING COMMITTEE MEETINGSOpen to the public. Committees report to the full Council at regular evening meeting:
PUBLIC WORKS/PUBLIC SAFETY 1:00 PM - 1:20 PM
STAN SNAPP (CHAIR); GENE KNUTSON; SETH FLEETWOOD
1. POTENTIAL EXPANSION OF SPACE FOR THE BELLINGHAM RAILWAY MUSEUM (PARKADE) AND SEPARATE PROPOSAL TO LEASE SPACE AT PARKADE FOR A 200 SEAT THEATRE
2. MANDATORY WATER METER INSTALLATION - IMPLEMENTATION AND COMMUNICATION PLAN
TRANSPORTATION COMMITTEE 1:20 PM - 2:05 PM
3. WASTEWATER IN-FLOW AND INFILTRATION (I&I) PROGRAM UPDATE
CATHY LEHMAN (CHAIR); JACK WEISS; GENE KNUTSON
1. GREENROADS™ AWARD PRESENTATION AND OPPORTUNITIES
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE 2:05 PM - 2:20 PM
2. UPDATE ON NORTHWEST/ELM/DUPONT BIKE LANE PROJECT
TERRY BORNEMANN (CHAIR)
EXECUTIVE SESSION 2:20 PM - 2:40 PM
1. APPROVAL OF CITY COUNCIL COMMITTEE AND/OR SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES
Closed to the public. Report in regular meeting only:
1. LITIGATION: WHATCOM COUNTY V. WWGMHB, ET AL - SUPERIOR COURT NO. 12-2-00350-1 10 MIN
2. LITIGATION: WHITWORTH PARK LLC V. CITY OF BELLINGHAM 10 MIN
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY:
1. STANDING TIME FOR BRIEFINGS, UPDATES AND REPORTS TO COUNCIL BY THE MAYOR, IF NEEDED. INFORMATION ONLY.
2. MAYOR’S APPOINTMENT OF JODY FINNEGAN TO THE TOURISM COMMISSION FOR COUNCIL’S INFORMATION
3. MAYOR’S APPOINTMENT OF DAVID JEFFERSON TO THE LAKE WHATCOM WATERSHED ADVISORY BOARD
1. **BUDGET ORDINANCE TO ALLOW FOR RECEIPT AND SPENDING OF GRANT FUNDS FROM WASHINGTON ASSOCIATION OF SHERIFFS AND POLICE CHIEFS TOTALING $6,500.
2. **RESOLUTION TO SET A PUBLIC HEARING DATE OF APRIL 11, 2012 BEFORE THE HEARING EXAMINER FOR A VACATION PETITION FOR THE RIMLAND DRIVE RIGHT OF WAY.
3. INTERLOCAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE CITY AND THE PORT OF BELLINGHAM FOR MUTUAL USE OF FACILITIES.
4. BID AWARD FOR SPARE PARTS FOR LIFT STATIONS, BID # 11B-2012
5. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FROM JANUARY 27, 2012 TO FEBRUARY 2, 2012
6. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FROM FEBRUARY 3, 2012 TO FEBRUARY 9, 2012
7. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR PAYROLL FROM JANUARY 26, 2012 TO FEBRUARY 10, 2012
FINAL CONSIDERATION OF ORDINANCES
1. AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE 2012 BUDGET RECOGNIZING THE RETURN OF $250,000.00 OF FEDERAL ENERGY EFFICIENCY CONSERVATION BLOCK GRANT FUNDS AND APPROPRIATING RELATED EXPENDITURES IN THE GENERAL FUND.
2. AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF BELLINGHAM AMENDING BELLINGHAM MUNICIPAL CODE CHAPTER 15.08.250 RELATING TO WATER USE RATES AND INCREASING THE RATE TO FUND PROPERTY ACQUISITION, OTHER LAND PRESERVATION MEASURES AND STORMWATER POLLUTION CONTROL PROJECTS IN THE LAKE WHATCOM WATERSHED
3. AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF BELLINGHAM, WASHINGTON, AUTHORIZING THE ISSUANCE OF WATER AND SEWER REVENUE REFUNDING BONDS OF THE CITY IN THE AGGREGATE PRINCIPAL AMOUNT OF NOT TO EXCEED $3,550,000 TO REFUND CERTAIN OUTSTANDING WATER AND SEWER REVENUE BONDS AND TO PAY COSTS OF ISSUING THE BONDS; PROVIDING THE FORM AND TERMS OF THE BONDS; APPROVING AN ESCROW DEPOSIT AGREEMENT; AND DELEGATING THE AUTHORITY TO APPROVE THE FINAL TERMS OF THE BONDS
4. AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF BELLINGHAM, WASHINGTON, PROVIDING FOR THE ISSUANCE OF LIMITED TAX GENERAL OBLIGATION REFUNDING BONDS OF THE CITY IN THE AGGREGATE PRINCIPAL AMOUNT OF NOT TO EXCEED $15,430,000 TO REFUND CERTAIN OUTSTANDING LIMITED TAX GENERAL OBLIGATION BONDS AND TO PAY COSTS OF ISSUING THE BONDS: PROVIDING THE FORM AND TERMS OF THE BONDS; APPROVING AN ESCROW DEPOSIT AGREEMENT; AND DELEGATING THE AUTHORITY TO APPROVE THE FINAL TERMS OF THE BONDS
5. AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE 2012 BUDGET RECOGNIZING $600,000.00 IN ADDITIONAL REVENUE FROM AN INTERLOCAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE PORT OF BELLINGHAM, WHATCOM COUNTY, AND THE BELLINGHAM PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT TO PROVIDE ADDITIONAL FUNDING FOR SAFETY IMPROVEMENTS TO THE WEST BAKERVIEW OVERPASS AND APPROPRIATING RELATED EXPENDITURES IN THE STREET FUND. (ES-462)
6. AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE 2012 BUDGET RECOGNIZING AWARD OF A $300,000.00 WHATCOM COUNTY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT INVESTMENT (EDI) GRANT AND $350,000.00 IN ADDITIONAL REVENUE FROM A WHATCOM COUNTY EDI INTERGOVERNMENTAL LOAN TO THE BELLINGHAM PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT TO PROVIDE FOR SAFETY IMPROVEMENTS TO THE WEST BAKERVIEW OVERPASS, AND APPROPRIATING RELATED EXPENDITURES IN THE STREET FUND. (ES-462)
7. AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE 2012 BUDGET RECOGNIZING AWARD OF A $1,500,000.00 GRANT FROM THE WASHINGTON STATE TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENT BOARD TO THE BELLINGHAM PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT TO PROVIDE FOR SAFETY IMPROVEMENTS TO THE WEST BAKERVIEW OVERPASS, AND APPROPRIATING RELATED EXPENDITURES IN THE STREET FUND (ES-462)
|** INDICATES THE INTRODUCTION OF ORDINANCE/RESOLUTION|
|The agenda packet, which contains the supporting documentation for agenda items, is available at the Public Library or can be purchased in the Finance office for $4.00. |
|BROADCAST INFORMATION |
|The Bellingham City Council Committee Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 starting at 1:00 p.m. Bellingham City Council Regular Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 beginning at 7:00 p.m. |
The meetings are also streamed live on the internet as they occur and are available at http://www.cob.org/services/education/btv10/live-stream.aspx. BTV10 programming is available 24/7 to anyone with a computer and high-speed internet access. On-line viewers will see exactly what the Comcast cable customers would see on Channel 10, without the need for cable television service.
The Bellingham Public Library also has DVD’s available for checkout. Video and audio files are available on the Internet at http://www.cob.org within 5 business days following each meeting.
|COUNCIL MEETING VIEWING SCHEDULE: BTV10 AND WEBSITE |
|Mon. 1 p.m.||Live broadcast of Committee meetings as they occur. |
|Mon. 7 p.m.||Live broadcast of Regular meeting as it occurs. |
|Tues. noon||Repeat broadcast of Monday afternoon Committee meetings. |
|Tues. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Wed. 8 a.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Fri. 5 p.m.||Council Committee and Regular meetings posted on city website no later than this day/time (though usually posted much sooner.) |
|Sat. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|FOR OUR CITIZENS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS, the Council Chambers is fully accessible. Hearing assistance is available and a receiver may be checked out through the clerk prior to the evening session. For additional accommodations, persons are asked to contact the Legislative Assistant at 778-8200 at least 3 working days in advance of the meeting. Thank you. |
NEXT CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Monday, March 12, 2012
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT MATERIAL FOR THE PUBLIC HEARINGS FOR INCLUSION IN THE PUBLISHED AGENDA PACKET:
03/07/2012 10:00 AM