|THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY: |
|CALL TO ORDER |
|ANNOUNCEMENTS & UPCOMING MEETINGS:
On Monday, November 14, at 10:00 AM in the Mayor's Boardroom, there will be a Worksession of the Council's Lake Whatcom Reservoir and Natural Resources Committee to discuss a Cost/Benefit study of phosphorus reduction activities in the Lake Whatcom watershed.
On Monday, November 14, at 1:00 PM in City Council Chambers there will be a Worksession regarding the 2012 Preliminary Budget to hear final department presentations and discussion of Council’s proposed budget amendments.
On Tuesday, November 15, at 12:00 PM in the Mayor's Boardroom there will be a Worksession of the Council’s Waterfront Development Committee to discuss policy application alternatives under consideration for waterfront development documents.
On Monday, November 21, at 7:00 PM in City Council Chambers there will be a Public Hearing regarding the proposed 2012 Budget.
Bellingham City Council meets all requirements of the State of Washington Open Meetings Act.
TRANSPORTATION BENEFIT DISTRICT No. 1:
On Monday, November 7, at 12:00 PM in City Council Chambers there will be a meeting of the TBD #1 Board of Directors to discuss capital projects, Sunday transit program and the proposed 2012 budget.
|PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE |
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
|During this period of time, citizens may speak informally to the Council on subjects not scheduled for public hearing. EACH SPEAKER IS ALLOWED A MAXIMUM OF THREE MINUTES. If the speaker has written comments for the Council, an additional copy should be handed to the Clerk, preferably before the meeting, for our office files. |
1. RECEIPT OF CASCADE NATURAL GAS INCENTIVE FOR AQUATIC CENTER ENERGY EFFICIENCY
THE FOLLOWING ARE HEARD IN BOTH COMMITTEE AND REGULAR MEETINGS
COUNCIL STANDING COMMITTEE MEETINGSOpen to the public. Committees report to the full Council at regular evening meeting:
PUBLIC WORKS/PUBLIC SAFETY 1:00 PM - 1:25 PM
BARRY BUCHANAN (CHAIR); JACK WEISS; GENE KNUTSON
1. PRESENTATION OF WHATCOM COUNTY DOMESTIC VIOLENCE PROTECTION ORDER SAFETY AND ACCOUNTABILITY AUDIT
2 - 17
2. THIRD MODIFICATION TO INTERLOCAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN WHAT-COMM AND WHATCOM COUNTY
18 - 22PARKS & RECREATION 1:25 PM - 1:40 PM
GENE KNUTSON (CHAIR); SETH FLEETWOOD; TERRY BORNEMANN
1. **RESOLUTION FOR 2012 RATE INCREASE FOR ATHLETIC AND PARK FACILITY RENTALS
23 - 28
2. **RESOLUTION FOR 2012 RATE INCREASE FOR BAYVIEW CEMETERY
29 - 38PLANNING/NEIGHBORHOODS & COMM. DEV. 1:40 PM - 2:10 PM
JACK WEISS (CHAIR); GENE KNUTSON; SETH FLEETWOOD; MICHAEL LILLIQUIST
1. PRELIMINARY REVIEW OF A NEW CITY/COUNTY INTERLOCAL AGREEMENT CONCERNING PLANNING, ANNEXATION, AND DEVELOPMENT REVIEW IN BELLINGHAM’S URBAN GROWTH AREA.
39 - 62COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE 2:10 PM - 4:10 PM
STAN SNAPP (CHAIR)
1. MAYOR’S PRESENTATION OF THE WELLCITY AWARD OF ACHIEVEMENT
63 - 65
2. WORKSESSION REGARDING 2012 PRELIMINARY BUDGET: PRESENTATIONS BY HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT, PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT AND PLANNING AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
3. **2012 PROPERTY TAX ORDINANCE
67 - 71
EXECUTIVE SESSION 4:10 PM - 4:30 PM
4. APPROVAL OF CITY COUNCIL COMMITTEE AND/OR SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES
Closed to the public. Report in regular meeting only:
1. POTENTIAL PROPERTY ACQUISITION - (MARRINER – APPROX. 10 MIN.)
2. POTENTIAL PROPERTY ACQUISITION - (MARRINER – APPROX. 10 MIN.)
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY:
1. STANDING TIME FOR BRIEFINGS, UPDATES AND REPORTS TO COUNCIL BY THE MAYOR, IF NEEDED. INFORMATION ONLY.
1. ACCEPTANCE OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND SEXUAL ASSAULT SERVICE GRANT, NO. 2011-WE-AX-0025
72 - 83
2. INTERLOCAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE CITY OF BELLINGHAM AND WHATCOM COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE TO ESTABLISH A FIBER OPTIC USE AGREEMENT
84 - 104
3. **2011 LIBRARY GIFT FUND ORDINANCE
105 - 107
4. BID AWARD FOR 2011-2012 SIGNAL IMPROVEMENTS
108 - 109
5. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 14, 2011 TO OCTOBER 20, 2011
6. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 21, 2011 TO OCTOBER 27, 2011
7. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR PAYROLL FROM OCTOBER 11, 2011 TO OCTOBER 25, 2011
FINAL CONSIDERATION OF ORDINANCES
1. AN ORDINANCE RENEWING A FRANCHISE AND GRANTING OLYMPIC PIPE LINE COMPANY, A CORPORATION, ITS SUCCESSORS, GRANTEES AND ASSIGNS THE NONEXCLUSIVE RIGHT, PRIVILEGE, AUTHORITY AND FRANCHISE TO CONSTRUCT, OPERATE, MAINTAIN, REMOVE, REPLACE AND REPAIR EXISTING PIPELINE FACILITIES, TOGETHER WITH EQUIPMENT AND APPURTENANCES THERETO, FOR THE TRANSPORTATION OF PETROLEUM PRODUCTS WITHIN AND THROUGH CERTAIN RIGHTS OF WAY, STREETS AND PUBLIC PROPERTY WITHIN THE CITY OF BELLINGHAM
113 - 148
2. AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE VACATION OF 26TH STREET AND THE ALLEY TO THE WEST, BETWEEN DOUGLAS AND TAYLOR AVENUES ABUTTING LOTS 1 - 30, BLOCK 251 AND 252, FAIRHAVEN LAND COMPANY'S THIRD ADDITION TO FAIRHAVEN, WA ALL WITHIN THE CITY OF BELLINGHAM
149 - 165
3. AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF BELLINGHAM, WASHINGTON AMENDING BELLINGHAM MUNICIPAL CODE 7.12.130 (TO INCLUDE NOISY FOWL.)
166 - 169
|** INDICATES THE INTRODUCTION OF ORDINANCE/RESOLUTION|
|The agenda packet, which contains the supporting documentation for agenda items, is available at the Public Library or can be purchased in the Finance office for $4.00. |
|BROADCAST INFORMATION |
|The Bellingham City Council Committee Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 starting at 1:00 p.m. Bellingham City Council Regular Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 beginning at 7:00 p.m. |
The meetings are also streamed live on the internet as they occur and are available at http://www.cob.org/services/education/btv10/live-stream.aspx. BTV10 programming is available 24/7 to anyone with a computer and high-speed internet access. On-line viewers will see exactly what the Comcast cable customers would see on Channel 10, without the need for cable television service.
The Bellingham Public Library also has DVD’s available for checkout. Video and audio files are available on the Internet at http://www.cob.org within 5 business days following each meeting.
|COUNCIL MEETING VIEWING SCHEDULE: BTV10 AND WEBSITE |
|Mon. 1 p.m.||Live broadcast of Committee meetings as they occur. |
|Mon. 7 p.m.||Live broadcast of Regular meeting as it occurs. |
|Tues. noon||Repeat broadcast of Monday afternoon Committee meetings. |
|Tues. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Wed. 8 a.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Fri. 5 p.m.||Council Committee and Regular meetings posted on city website no later than this day/time (though usually posted much sooner.) |
|Sat. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|FOR OUR CITIZENS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS, the Council Chambers is fully accessible. Hearing assistance is available and a receiver may be checked out through the clerk prior to the evening session. For additional accommodations, persons are asked to contact the Legislative Assistant at 778-8200 at least 3 working days in advance of the meeting. Thank you. |
NEXT CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Monday, November 21, 2011
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT MATERIAL FOR THE PUBLIC HEARINGS FOR INCLUSION IN THE PUBLISHED AGENDA PACKET:
11/16/2011 10:00 AM