|THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY: |
|CALL TO ORDER |
|ANNOUNCEMENTS & UPCOMING MEETINGS:
On Wednesday, October 27, at 10:30 AM in City Council Chambers there will be a Planning and Community Development Committee Worksession regarding rental property licensing options.
On Monday, November 1, at 7:00 PM in City Council Chambers there will be a Public Hearing regarding amendments to the multi-family tax exemption ordinance.
On Monday, November 8, at 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM in the Mayor’s Boardroom there will be a Special Worksession regarding the 2011 budget.
On Monday, November 15, at 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM in the Mayor’s Boardroom there will be a Special Worksession regarding the 2011 budget.
On Monday, November 22, at 7:00 PM in City Council Chambers there will be a Public Hearing regarding the Silver Beach Neighborhood Plan Amendment.
On Monday, November 22, at 7:00 PM in City Council Chambers there will be a Public Hearing regarding the extension of the Demonstration Program for Permanently Affordable Homeownership Program.
On Monday, November 22, at 7:00 PM in City Council Chambers there will be a Public Hearing regarding the 2011 Preliminary Budget.
Bellingham City Council meets all requirements of the State of Washington Open Meetings Act.
|PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE |
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
|During this period of time, citizens may speak informally to the Council on subjects not scheduled for public hearing. EACH SPEAKER IS ALLOWED A MAXIMUM OF THREE MINUTES. If the speaker has written comments for the Council, an additional copy should be handed to the Clerk, preferably before the meeting, for our office files. |
1. **RESOLUTION ENCOURAGING PROTECTION OF INDUSTRIAL JOB BASE AT CHERRY POINT, WHATCOM COUNTY
1 - 3
1. CONSIDERATION OF AMENDMENTS TO THE YORK NEIGHBORHOOD PLAN, ZONING TABLE AND OTHER ASSOCIATED CODE AMENDMENTS
4 - 41
THE FOLLOWING ARE HEARD IN BOTH COMMITTEE AND REGULAR MEETINGS
COUNCIL STANDING COMMITTEE MEETINGSOpen to the public. Committees report to the full Council at regular evening meeting:
FINANCE & PERSONNEL 1:00 PM - 2:20 PM
STAN SNAPP (CHAIR); BARRY BUCHANAN; MICHAEL LILLIQUIST
1. REVIEW OF 3RD QUARTER 2010 FINANCIAL REPORT
2. **2011 PROPERTY TAX ORDINANCE
43 - 47
3. 2011 DEPARTMENTAL BUDGET PRESENTATIONS - FIRE DEPARTMENT & PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
48COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE 2:20 PM - 2:25 PM
GENE KNUTSON (CHAIR)
EXECUTIVE SESSION 2:25 PM - 2:50 PM
1. APPROVAL OF CITY COUNCIL COMMITTEE AND/OR SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES
Closed to the public. Report in regular meeting only:
1. POTENTIAL LITIGATION - (HOISINGTON – APPROX. 15 MIN.)
2. LABOR RELATIONS UPDATE - (KLEMANSKI – APPROX. 10 MIN.)
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY:
1. STANDING TIME FOR BRIEFINGS, UPDATES AND REPORTS TO COUNCIL BY THE MAYOR, IF NEEDED. INFORMATION ONLY.
2. APPOINTMENT OF ANNE-MARIE FAIOLA TO THE BELLINGHAM PUBLIC DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY FOR COUNCIL’S APPROVAL
49 - 50
3. REAPPOINTMENT OF JAMES GEBHARDT AND TIM HOSTETLER TO THE TRANSPORTATION COMMISSION FOR COUNCIL’S APPROVAL
4. APPOINTMENT OF SARAH ROSE AND TERESA SCHMIDT TO THE WHATCOM MUSEUM FOUNDATION BOARD FOR COUNCIL’S APPROVAL
52 - 54
5. APPOINTMENT OF CATHERINE CHAMBERS TO THE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT ADVISORY BOARD FOR COUNCIL’S INFORMATION
55 - 56
6. REAPPOINTMENT OF STEVE PAUS AND KATHY WALKER TO THE WHATCOM COUNTY LAW AND JUSTICE COUNCIL FOR COUNCIL’S INFORMATION
57 - 59
7. APPOINTMENT OF PAUL DE JONG TO THE MAYOR’S NEIGHBORHOOD ADVISORY COMMISSION AS THE CORNWALL PARK NEIGHBORHOOD REPRESENTATIVE FOR COUNCIL’S INFORMATION
60 - 61
8. APPOINTMENT OF SARAH HOLLIDAY TO THE TOURISM COMMISSION FOR COUNCIL’S INFORMATION.
62 - 64
1. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 1, 2010 TO OCTOBER 8, 2010
2. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 8, 2010 TO OCTOBER 15, 2010
3. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR PAYROLL FROM SEPTEMBER 16, 2010 TO SEPTEMBER 30, 2010
FINAL CONSIDERATION OF ORDINANCES
1. CB 13649 – AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF BELLINGHAM, WASHINGTON AMENDING CHAPTER 6.54, TO ADD A NEW SUBSECTION IN 6.54.020 C. TO DEFINE THE TERM "COMPENSATION" FOR PURPOSES OF THIS CHAPTER.
68 - 70
|** INDICATES THE INTRODUCTION OF ORDINANCE/RESOLUTION|
|The agenda packet, which contains the supporting documentation for agenda items, is available at the Public Library or can be purchased in the Finance office for $4.00. |
|BROADCAST INFORMATION |
|The Bellingham City Council Committee Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 starting at 1:00 p.m. Bellingham City Council Regular Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 beginning at 7:00 p.m. |
The meetings are also streamed live on the internet as they occur and are available at http://www.cob.org/services/education/btv10/live-stream.aspx. BTV10 programming is available 24/7 to anyone with a computer and high-speed internet access. On-line viewers will see exactly what the Comcast cable customers would see on Channel 10, without the need for cable television service.
The Bellingham Public Library also has DVD’s available for checkout. Video and audio files are available on the Internet at http://www.cob.org within 5 business days following each meeting.
|COUNCIL MEETING VIEWING SCHEDULE: BTV10 AND WEBSITE |
|Mon. 1 p.m.||Live broadcast of Committee meetings as they occur. |
|Mon. 7 p.m.||Live broadcast of Regular meeting as it occurs. |
|Tues. noon||Repeat broadcast of Monday afternoon Committee meetings. |
|Tues. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Wed. 8 a.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Fri. 5 p.m.||Council Committee and Regular meetings posted on city website no later than this day/time (though usually posted much sooner.) |
|Sat. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|FOR OUR CITIZENS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS, the Council Chambers is fully accessible. Hearing assistance is available and a receiver may be checked out through the clerk prior to the evening session. For additional accommodations, persons are asked to contact the Legislative Assistant at 778-8200 at least 3 working days in advance of the meeting. Thank you. |
NEXT CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Monday, November 01, 2010
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT MATERIAL FOR THE PUBLIC HEARINGS FOR INCLUSION IN THE PUBLISHED AGENDA PACKET:
10/27/2010 10:00 AM