|THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY: |
|CALL TO ORDER |
|ANNOUNCEMENTS & UPCOMING MEETINGS:
On November 16 @ 1:00 PM in the Mayor’s Board Room there will be a City Council Worksession regarding the 2010 Preliminary Budget.
On November 23 @ 7:00 PM in Council Chambers, there will be a Public Hearing regarding the Proposed 2010 Budget.
On November 23 @ 7:00 PM in Council Chambers, there will be a Public Hearing regarding the final draft of the Shoreline Master Program.
On December 7 @ 7:00 PM in Council Chambers, there will be a Public Hearing regarding Central Business District, Area 21 (Bandell Property) Rezone.
Bellingham City Council meets all requirements of the State of Washington Open Meetings Act.
|PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE |
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
|During this period of time, citizens may speak informally to the Council on subjects not scheduled for public hearing. EACH SPEAKER IS ALLOWED A MAXIMUM OF THREE MINUTES. If the speaker has written comments for the Council, an additional copy should be handed to the Clerk, preferably before the meeting, for our office files. |
1. A PUBLIC HEARING TO CONSIDER TEXT AMENDMENTS TO THE SOUTH HILL NEIGHBORHOOD PLAN
1 - 65
2. A COMPREHENSIVE PLAN AMENDMENT, REZONE AND DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT FOR APPROXIMATELY 35 ACRES IN AREA 17 OF THE GUIDE MERIDIAN/CORDATA NEIGHBORHOOD
66 - 103
THE FOLLOWING ARE HEARD IN BOTH COMMITTEE AND REGULAR MEETINGS
COUNCIL STANDING COMMITTEE MEETINGSOpen to the public. Committees report to the full Council at regular evening meeting:
PLANNING/NEIGHBORHOODS & COMM. DEV. 1:00 PM – 1:40 PM
TERRY BORNEMANN (CHAIR); JACK WEISS; BARBARA RYAN; LOUISE BJORNSON
1. **AN ORDINANCE ADOPTING THE SAMISH WAY URBAN VILLAGE SUBAREA PLAN AND CORRESPONDING CHANGES TO THE ZONING AND DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS
104 - 119
2. **AN ORDINANCE AMENDING BMC 20-25 TO ESTABLISH DESIGN GUIDELINES AND STANDARD AND A REVIEW PROCESS FOR BUILDINGS DEVELOPED WITHIN URBAN VILLAGES
120 - 178
3. **A RESOLUTION ADOPTING A FEE SCHEDULE PAYABLE TO THE LAKE WHATCOM WATERSHED PROPERTY ACQUISITION PROGRAM IN EXCHANGE FOR FLOOR AREA DEVELOPMENT BONUSES IN THE SAMISH WAY URBAN VILLAGE
179 - 181
4. PRESERVE AMERICA GRANT PROJECT STATUS: NATIONAL REGISTER DISTRICT NOMINATIONS
182 - 183
PARKS & RECREATION 1:40 PM – 1:45 PM
5. TOURISM FUND 2010 BUDGET UPDATE
BARBARA RYAN (CHAIR); TERRY BORNEMANN; LOUISE BJORNSON
1. **RESOLUTION ADOPTING 2010 RATE INCREASE FOR BAYVIEW CEMETERY
187 - 192PUBLIC WORKS/PUBLIC SAFETY 1:45 PM – 1:50 PM
LOUISE BJORNSON (CHAIR); GENE KNUTSON; STAN SNAPP
193 - 195
2. **AN ORDINANCE READOPTING BELLINGHAM MUNICIPAL CODE CHAPTER 2.28 RELATING TO THE PUBLIC WORKS ADVISORY BOARD AND REPEALING THE “SUNSET CLAUSE” IN SECTION 2.28.050
196 - 198FINANCE & PERSONNEL 1:50 PM – 3:30 PM
GENE KNUTSON (CHAIR); STAN SNAPP; LOUISE BJORNSON
1. **AN ORDINANCE ADOPTING A PROPERTY TAX LEVY AND RESOLUTION MAKING A DECLARATION OF SUBSTANTIAL NEED
199 - 206
2. CONTINUATION OF DEPARTMENTAL BUDGET SUMMARIES FOR THE 2010 PRELIMINARY BUDGET
207COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE 3:30 PM – 4:00 PM
BARRY BUCHANAN (CHAIR)
1. PROPOSED LEGISLATIVE AGENDA FOR 2010
208 - 212
2. ESTABLISHMENT OF A CAPITAL FACILITIES ADVISORY TASK FORCE
213 - 215
EXECUTIVE SESSION 4:00 PM – 4:55 PM
3. APPROVAL OF CITY COUNCIL COMMITTEE AND/OR SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES
Closed to the public. Report in regular meeting only:
1. POTENTIAL LITIGATION - (Hoisington – Approx. 5 min.)
2. POTENTIAL LITIGATION - (Hoisington – Approx. 5 min.)
3. POTENTIAL PROPERTY ACQUISITION - (Ruffatto – Approx. 5 min.)
4. POTENTIAL PROPERTY ACQUISITION - (Ruffatto – Approx. 5 min.)
5. POTENTIAL PROPERTY ACQUISITION - (Hoisington – Approx. 20 min.)
6. LITIGATION: Ebanal v. City of Bellingham - (Reardanz – Approx. 20 min.)
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY:
1. REAPPOINTMENT OF RUD BROWNE TO THE BELLINGHAM PUBLIC DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY BOARD FOR COUNCIL’S APPROVAL
2. APPOINTMENT OF GARY WILLIAMS TO THE BELLINGHAM-WHATCOM COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITIES BOARD FOR COUNCIL’S APPROVAL
217 - 219
1. **BUDGET AMENDMENT TO ALLOW FOR RECEIPT AND EXPENDITURE OF WASHINGTON STATE CDGB PROGRAM NEIGHBORHOOD STABILIZATION PROGRAM FUNDS TOTALING $343,666
220 - 254
2. **BUDGET ORDINANCE TO ALLOW FOR RECEIPT AND SPENDING OF GRANT FUNDS FROM WASHINGTON TRAFFIC SAFETY COMMISSION TOTALING $1,000.00
255 - 258
3. APPROPRIATION OF FUNDS FROM GREENWAYS ENDOWMENT INTEREST INCOME
259 - 264
4. BID AWARD FOR PRECAST CONCRETE PRODUCTS BID NO. 88B-2009
265 - 267
5. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 9, 2009 TO OCTOBER 16, 2009.
6. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 16, 2009 TO OCTOBER 23, 2009.
7. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 23, 2009 TO OCTOBER 30, 2009.
8. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECK ISSUE FOR PAYROLL FROM OCTOBER 1, 2009 TO OCTOBER 15, 2009.
FINAL CONSIDERATION OF ORDINANCES
1. CB 13560 – AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE 2009 BUDGET APPROPRIATING $237,500.00 ADDITIONAL FUNDS FROM ESTIMATED ENDING DESIGNATED RESERVE IN THE CLAIMS AND LITIGATION FUND FOR PAYMENT OF JUDGMENTS AND DAMAGES FOR UNANTICIPATED COSTS RELATING TO A SETTLEMENT.
272 - 274
2. CB 13561 – AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE 2009 BUDGET APPROPRIATING $1,315,000.00 OF ADDITIONAL REVENUE AND EXPENSES FOR THE DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF THE OHIO/KING/I-5 RAMP PROJECT. THE FUNDING CONSISTS OF A FEDERAL HIGHWAY INDIRECT GRANT OF $315,000 AND $1,000,000.00 INTERLOCAL SERVICE REVENUE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE CITY OF BELLINGHAM AND THE STATE OF WASHINGTON, DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
275 - 279
3. CB 13562 – AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE 2009 BUDGET TO ACCOUNT FOR THE RECEIPT OF A WASHINGTON TRAFFIC SAFETY COMMISSION GRANT FOR $3,000.00 AND APPROPRIATING RELATED EXPENDITURES IN THE GENERAL FUND
280 - 282
|** INDICATES THE INTRODUCTION OF ORDINANCE/RESOLUTION|
|The agenda packet, which contains the supporting documentation for agenda items, is available at the Public Library or can be purchased in the Finance office for $4.00. |
|BROADCAST INFORMATION |
|The Bellingham City Council Committee Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 starting at 1:00 p.m. Bellingham City Council Regular Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 beginning at 7:00 p.m. |
The meetings are also streamed live on the internet as they occur and are available at http://www.cob.org/services/education/btv10/live-stream.aspx. BTV10 programming is available 24/7 to anyone with a computer and high-speed internet access. On-line viewers will see exactly what the Comcast cable customers would see on Channel 10, without the need for cable television service.
The Bellingham Public Library also has DVD’s available for checkout. Video and audio files are available on the Internet at http://www.cob.org within 5 business days following each meeting.
|COUNCIL MEETING VIEWING SCHEDULE: BTV10 AND WEBSITE |
|Mon. 1 p.m.||Live broadcast of Committee meetings as they occur. |
|Mon. 7 p.m.||Live broadcast of Regular meeting as it occurs. |
|Tues. noon||Repeat broadcast of Monday afternoon Committee meetings. |
|Tues. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Wed. 8 a.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Fri. 5 p.m.||Council Committee and Regular meetings posted on city website no later than this day/time (though usually posted much sooner.) |
|Sat. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|FOR OUR CITIZENS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS, the Council Chambers is fully accessible. Hearing assistance is available and a receiver may be checked out through the clerk prior to the evening session. For additional accommodations, persons are asked to contact the Legislative Assistant at 778-8200 at least 3 working days in advance of the meeting. Thank you. |
NEXT CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Monday, November 23, 2009
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT MATERIAL FOR THE PUBLIC HEARINGS FOR INCLUSION IN THE PUBLISHED AGENDA PACKET:
11/18/2009 10:00 AM