|THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY: |
|CALL TO ORDER |
|ANNOUNCEMENTS & UPCOMING MEETINGS:
On Monday, December 3, @ 3:00 PM, or as soon as possible thereafter, in the Mayor's Board Room, there will be a worksession to discuss the 2013 Preliminary Budget regarding the Public Development Authority and review budget amendments.
Transportation Benefit District
On Monday, December 10, @ 12:00 PM, in City Council Chambers, there will be a meeting of the Transportation Benefit District Board of Directors (made up of the City Council Members) to approve their 2013 Budget and Renewal and Modification of the Interlocal Agreement with the Whatcom Transit Authority.
Bellingham City Council meets all requirements of the State of Washington Open Meetings Act.
|PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE |
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
|During this period of time, citizens may speak informally to the Council on subjects not scheduled for public hearing. EACH SPEAKER IS ALLOWED A MAXIMUM OF THREE MINUTES. If the speaker has written comments for the Council, an additional copy should be handed to the Clerk, preferably before the meeting, for our office files. |
1. A QUASI-JUDICIAL PUBLIC HEARING TO CONSIDER A REQUEST TO INCREASE THE HEIGHT OF A NEW BUILDING IN AREA 2A OF THE FAIRHAVEN NEIGHBORHOOD
THE FOLLOWING ARE HEARD IN BOTH COMMITTEE AND REGULAR MEETINGS
COUNCIL STANDING COMMITTEE MEETINGSOpen to the public. Committees report to the full Council at regular evening meeting:
FINANCE & PERSONNEL 1:00 PM - 1:20 PM
MICHAEL LILLIQUIST (CHAIR); CATHY LEHMAN; STAN SNAPP
1. **AN ORDINANCE AMENDING BELLINGHAM MUNICIPAL CODE CHAPTER 6.04, BELLINGHAM BUSINESS AND OCCUPATIONS TAX CODE, TO REFLECT STATE LAW CHANGES.
LAKE WHATCOM RESERVOIR AND NATURAL RESOURCES 1:20 PM - 1:55 PM
2. **AN ORDINANCE AMENDING BELLINGHAM MUNICIPAL CODE CHAPTER 6.05. ADMINISTRATIVE PROVISIONS FOR CERTAIN TAXES
SETH FLEETWOOD (CHAIR); MICHAEL LILLIQUIST; CATHY LEHMAN; STAN SNAPP
1. PROPOSED MITIGATION PROGRAM OVERVIEW
2. **AN ORDINANCE APPROVING THE ISSUANCE OF A NOT TO EXCEED $5,000,000 WATER AND SEWER SUBORDINATE LIEN LINE OF CREDIT WITH WELLS FARGO BANK FOR THE PURPOSE OF PROVIDING FINANCING FOR THE PURCHASE OF VARIOUS PARCELS OF LAND WITHIN THE LAKE WHATCOM WATERSHED
PUBLIC WORKS/PUBLIC SAFETY 1:55 PM - 2:40 PM
3. **AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE 2012 BUDGET APPROPRIATING $3,200,000 FROM ESTIMATED ENDING DESIGNATED RESERVES IN THE WATER FUND FOR LAKE WHATCOM WATERSHED PROPERTY
STAN SNAPP (CHAIR); GENE KNUTSON; SETH FLEETWOOD
1. 2012 SEWER REPLACEMENT PROGRAM (EU-0156) BID AWARD, BID #73B-2012
2. **AN ORDINANCE AMENDING BMC 4.76.040 EXPANDING THE ALLOWABLE USE OF SOLID WASTE UTILITY TAX REVENUE TO INCLUDE ALL ENVIRONMENTAL REMEDIATION
3. **AN ORDINANCE RELATED TO REDUCED UTILITY RATES FOR LOW-INCOME HOUSEHOLDS, SENIOR AND DISABLED CUSTOMERS
4. **AN ORDINANCE RELATED TO WATER USAGE RATES AND CUSTOMER CLASS STRUCTURE
5. **AN ORDINANCE RELATED TO SEWER USAGE RATES AND CUSTOMER CLASS STRUCTURE
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE 2:40 PM - 2:50 PM
6. **AN ORDINANCE RELATED TO STORM AND SURFACE WATER USAGE RATES
TERRY BORNEMANN (CHAIR)
1. **AN ORDINANCE AMENDING BMC 10.08.010 AND 10.08.020 TO BE CONSISTENT WITH NEW STATE LAWS REGARDING POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA AND MARIJUANA-INFUSED PRODUCTS AND ADDING A NEW BMC SECTION 10.08.080
2. **AN ORDINANCE ADOPTING CITY OF BELLINGHAM'S 2013 ANNUAL BUDGET (THIS ITEM WILL BE HEARD DURING THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY)
3. APPROVAL OF CITY COUNCIL COMMITTEE AND/OR SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY:
1. STANDING TIME FOR BRIEFINGS, UPDATES AND REPORTS TO COUNCIL BY THE MAYOR, IF NEEDED. INFORMATION ONLY.
2. MAYOR'S APPOINTMENT OF BARBARA HOWARD TO THE BELLINGHAM ARTS COMMISSION FOR COUNCIL'S APPROVAL
3. MAYOR'S APPOINTMENT OF TOM SLOCUM AND PINKY VARGAS TO THE GREENWAY ADVISORY COMMITTEE FOR COUNCIL'S APPROVAL
4. MAYOR'S APPOINTMENT OF ALEX WILEY TO THE HISTORIC PRESERVATION COMMISSION TO FULFILL THE DUAL ROLE WITH THE BELLINGHAM ARTS COMMISSION FOR COUNCIL'S APPROVAL
5. MAYOR'S REAPPOINTMENT OF PAM HOLLADAY AND GEOFF MIDDAUGH TO THE PARKS AND RECREATION ADVISORY BOARD FOR COUNCIL'S INFORMATION
1. **RESOLUTION SETTING THE 2013 CITY COUNCIL MEETING SCHEDULE
2. BID AWARD 69-B2012, THICKENED WASTE ACTIVATED SLUDGE PIPING MODIFICATION
3. **AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE 2012 BUDGET APPROPRIATING $192,352.00 FROM ESTIMATED ENDING DESIGNATED RESERVED IN THE GENERAL FUND/BTV10 RESERVES AND MOVING THEM TO THE BTV10 BUDGET WITHIN THE PEG FUND
4. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECKS ISSUED FOR PAY PERIOD NOVEMBER 4, 2012 THROUGH NOVEMBER 10, 2012
5. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECKS ISSUED FOR PAY PERIOD NOVEMBER 11, 2012 THROUGH NOVEMBER 17, 2012
6. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECKS ISSUED FOR PAY PERIOD NOVEMBER 18, 2012 THROUGH NOVEMBER 21, 2012
7. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECKS ISSUED FOR PAYROLL NOVEMBER 10, 2012 THROUGH NOVEMBER 21, 2012
FINAL CONSIDERATION OF ORDINANCES
1. AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF BELLINGHAM, WASHINGTON RELATING TO THE LEVYING OF TAXES AND ESTABLISHING THE AMOUNT TO BE RAISED IN 2013 ON THE ASSESSED VALUATION OF THE PROPERTY WITHIN THE CITY.
2. AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE 2012 BUDGET APPROPRIATING AN ADDITIONAL $200,000.00 IN THE POLICE DEPARTMENT GENERAL FUND TO COVER HIGHER THAN ANTICIPATED COSTS FOR GASOLINE FOR THE PATROL DIVISION AND INCREASED INTERGOVERNMENTAL EXPENDITURE FOR THE JAIL, FROM A TRANSFER OF UP TO $200,000.00 FROM THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE FUND.
3. AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE 2012 BUDGET APPROPRIATING AN ADDITIONAL $350,000.00 IN PUBLIC WORKS FROM ESTIMATED UNDESIGNATED RESERVES IN THE PURCHASING AND MATERIALS MANAGEMENT FUND TO PROVIDE FOR THE PURCHASE OF WATER METERS.
4. AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE 2012 BUDGET APPROPRIATING AN ADDITIONAL $6,610.00 FROM ESTIMATED ENDING UNDESIGNATED RESERVED IN THE GENERAL FUND TO PROVIDE FOR PAYMENT OF PRIOR RETIREMENT CREDITS FOR A CITY COUNCIL MEMBER.
|** INDICATES THE INTRODUCTION OF ORDINANCE/RESOLUTION|
|The agenda packet, which contains the supporting documentation for agenda items, is available at the Public Library or can be purchased in the Finance office for $4.00. |
|BROADCAST INFORMATION |
|The Bellingham City Council Committee Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 starting at 1:00 p.m. Bellingham City Council Regular Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 beginning at 7:00 p.m. |
The meetings are also streamed live on the internet as they occur and are available at http://www.cob.org/services/education/btv10/live-stream.aspx. BTV10 programming is available 24/7 to anyone with a computer and high-speed internet access. On-line viewers will see exactly what the Comcast cable customers would see on Channel 10, without the need for cable television service.
The Bellingham Public Library also has DVD’s available for checkout. Video and audio files are available on the Internet at http://www.cob.org within 5 business days following each meeting.
|COUNCIL MEETING VIEWING SCHEDULE: BTV10 AND WEBSITE |
|Mon. 1 p.m.||Live broadcast of Committee meetings as they occur. |
|Mon. 7 p.m.||Live broadcast of Regular meeting as it occurs. |
|Tues. noon||Repeat broadcast of Monday afternoon Committee meetings. |
|Tues. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Wed. 8 a.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Fri. 5 p.m.||Council Committee and Regular meetings posted on city website no later than this day/time (though usually posted much sooner.) |
|Sat. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|FOR OUR CITIZENS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS, the Council Chambers is fully accessible. Hearing assistance is available and a receiver may be checked out through the clerk prior to the evening session. For additional accommodations, persons are asked to contact the Legislative Assistant at 778-8200 at least 3 working days in advance of the meeting. Thank you. |
NEXT CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Monday, December 10, 2012
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT MATERIAL FOR THE PUBLIC HEARINGS FOR INCLUSION IN THE PUBLISHED AGENDA PACKET:
12/05/2012 10:00 AM