|THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY: |
|CALL TO ORDER |
|ANNOUNCEMENTS & UPCOMING MEETINGS:
The Bellingham City Council will hold its 2014 Reorganization Meeting, 1:00 PM on Monday, January 6, 2014, in the Mayor's Board Room. Election of Officer and Committee assignments will be voted on at that time.
The first Regular Meeting will be on Monday, January 6th, 7:00 PM in City Council Chambers. There will be a swearing in ceremony for the newly elected officials: Pinky Vargas; Roxanne Murphy; Gene Knutson; Michael Lilliquist and Judge Debra Lev. A short reception will follow and Council will resume its business afterward.
The next full City Council meeting will be held on January 13th. The schedule of City Council Meetings for 2014 is posted on the City's website.
Bellingham City Council meets all requirements of the State of Washington Open Meetings Act.
|PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE |
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
|During this period of time, citizens may speak informally to the Council on subjects not scheduled for public hearing. EACH SPEAKER IS ALLOWED A MAXIMUM OF THREE MINUTES. If the speaker has written comments for the Council, an additional copy should be handed to the Clerk, preferably before the meeting, for our office files. |
1. RESOLUTION HONORING STAN SNAPP FOR HIS PUBLIC SERVICE
2. RESOLUTION HONORING SETH FLEETWOOD FOR HIS PUBLIC SERVICE
1. JOINT PUBLIC HEARING OF THE CITY COUNCIL AND THE CHUCKANUT COMMUNITY FOREST PARK DISTRICT BOARD TO CONSIDER THE CITY'S PROPOSED SALE OF A CONSERVATION EASEMENT TO THE PARK DISTRICT AND RELATED INTERLOCAL AGREEMENT
THE FOLLOWING ARE HEARD IN BOTH COMMITTEE AND REGULAR MEETINGS
COUNCIL STANDING COMMITTEE MEETINGSOpen to the public. Committees report to the full Council at regular evening meeting:
LAKE WHATCOM RESERVOIR AND NATURAL RESOURCES 1:00 PM - 1:05 PM
CATHY LEHMAN (CHAIR); MICHAEL LILLIQUIST; STAN SNAPP
PUBLIC WORKS/PUBLIC SAFETY 1:05 PM - 1:15 PM
1. REPORT FROM THE DECEMBER 2, 2013 LAKE WHATCOM POLICY GROUP MEETING
STAN SNAPP (CHAIR); GENE KNUTSON; TERRY BORNEMANN
1. POST POINT CHLORINATION REPLACEMENT PROJECT BID AWARD 82B-2013
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE 1:15 PM - 1:30 PM
3. POLICE ACCREDITATION ANALYSIS
SETH FLEETWOOD (CHAIR); JACK WEISS; GENE KNUTSON; CATHY LEHMAN; STAN SNAPP; MICHAEL LILLIQUIST; TERRY BORNEMANN
1. TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT WITH THE PUBLIC DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY FOR MANAGEMENT OF PROPERTY AT 600 W HOLLY STREET
2. EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES INTERLOCAL AGREEMENT
EXECUTIVE SESSION 1:30 PM - 1:40 PM
3. APPROVAL OF CITY COUNCIL COMMITTEE AND/OR SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES
Closed to the public. Report in regular meeting only:
1. LITIGATION: HEARING EXAMINER APPEAL OF CATHOLIC HOUSING SERVICES PROPOSED MIXED USE PROJECT AT 1122 CORNWALL AVE - (MARRINER – APPROX. 10 MIN.)
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE HEARD IN THE REGULAR MEETING ONLY:
1. STANDING TIME FOR BRIEFINGS, UPDATES AND REPORTS TO COUNCIL BY THE MAYOR, IF NEEDED. INFORMATION ONLY.
1. WHATCOM COUNTY INTERLOCAL AGREEMENT FOR OFFENDER WORK CREW
2. INTERLOCAL AGREEMENT WITH THE CITY OF LYNDEN TO PROVIDE GENERAL MAINTENANCE SERVICES
3. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECKS ISSUED FOR PAYROLL NOVEMBER 26, 2013, 2013 THROUGH DECEMBER 10, 2013
4. AUTHORIZATION OF CHECKS ISSUED FOR PAY PERIOD NOVEMBER 22, 2013 THROUGH DECEMBER 6, 2013
FINAL CONSIDERATION OF ORDINANCES
1. AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE 2013 BUDGET AUTHORIZING USE OF UP TO $75,000.00 FROM THE CEMETERY CASH ENDOWED CARE RESERVE TO MAKE UP FOR REVENUE SHORTFALLS AND COVER CEMETERY OPERATING EXPENDITURES IN 2013
2. AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF BELLINGHAM, WASHINGTON ADOPTING A TRANSPORTATION IMPACT FEE BASE RATE AND RATE SCHEDULE FOR 2014
3. AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE 2013 BUDGET TRANSFERRING PROCEEDS FROM THE SALE OF 1100 CORNWALL AVENUE FROM THE PUBLIC DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY FUND TO THE CITY OF BELLINGHAM PARKING SERVICES FUND
4. AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE 2014 BUDGET OF THE CITY OF BELLINGHAM, PROVIDING FOR THE ADOPTION OF SUCH BUDGET PURSUANT TO THE TERMS OF RCW 35.33.075, AND SETTING THE EFFECTIVE DATE
5. AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE 2014 BUDGET AUTHORIZING A RESTRUCTURING OF THE $1,800,000.00 LOAN FROM THE NATURAL RESOURCE PROTECTION AND RESTORATION FUND TO THE BELLINGHAM WHATCOM PUBLIC FACILITIES DISTRICT USED FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE ART AND CHILDREN'S MUSEUM.
6. AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE 2013 BUDGET RECLASSIFYING ONE GENERAL FUND POSITION IN THE BELLINGHAM POLICE DEPARTMENT RECORDS GROUP WHERE NO ADDITIONAL APPROPRIATION OR REALLOCATION OF FUNDS IS REQUIRED
7. AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE 2013 BUDGET CREATING THE WATERFRONT CONSTRUCTION FUND TO ACCOUNT FOR REVENUE AND EXPENSES ASSOCIATED WITH THE REDEVELOPMENT OF THE WATERFRONT DISTRICT.
|** INDICATES THE INTRODUCTION OF ORDINANCE/RESOLUTION|
|The agenda packet, which contains the supporting documentation for agenda items, is available at the Public Library or can be purchased in the Finance office for $4.00. |
|BROADCAST INFORMATION |
|The Bellingham City Council Committee Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 starting at 1:00 p.m. Bellingham City Council Regular Meetings are broadcast live on BTV10 beginning at 7:00 p.m. |
The meetings are also streamed live on the internet as they occur and are available at http://www.cob.org/services/education/btv10/live-stream.aspx. BTV10 programming is available 24/7 to anyone with a computer and high-speed internet access. On-line viewers will see exactly what the Comcast cable customers would see on Channel 10, without the need for cable television service.
The Bellingham Public Library also has DVD’s available for checkout. Video and audio files are available on the Internet at http://www.cob.org within 5 business days following each meeting.
|COUNCIL MEETING VIEWING SCHEDULE: BTV10 AND WEBSITE |
|Mon. 1 p.m.||Live broadcast of Committee meetings as they occur. |
|Mon. 7 p.m.||Live broadcast of Regular meeting as it occurs. |
|Tues. noon||Repeat broadcast of Monday afternoon Committee meetings. |
|Tues. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Wed. 8 a.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|Fri. 5 p.m.||Council Committee and Regular meetings posted on city website no later than this day/time (though usually posted much sooner.) |
|Sat. 7 p.m.||Repeat broadcast of Monday night regular meeting. |
|FOR OUR CITIZENS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS, the Council Chambers is fully accessible. Hearing assistance is available and a receiver may be checked out through the clerk prior to the evening session. For additional accommodations, persons are asked to contact the Legislative Assistant at 778-8200 at least 3 working days in advance of the meeting. Thank you. |
NEXT CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Monday, January 06, 2014