- Use only enough charcoal lighter to start the fire. Keep the flame
- Never use gasoline to start the fire.
- Keep the grill lid closed when cooking or waiting for charcoal to
- When cooking, the grill should be constantly attended.
- Have an approved fire extinguisher close by and know how to use it.
- Let coals cool overnight or wet the ashes thoroughly prior to
disposal. Dispose of ashes by placing them into a metal container with a
tight-fitting metal lid.
- Keep matches, lighters, and combustible liquids out of reach and out
of sight of children.
- Do not use or store barbecue grills on common balconies used for
- It is strongly recommended that barbecues not be used on balconies