Fire Presentations and Station Tours
We hope your upcoming tour of a Bellingham fire station will be an educational and enjoyable experience for
everyone in your group. Please be aware that if an emergency arises
firefighters may be called away suddenly. This means that firefighters may
not be at the station when you arrive or that your tour may be interrupted
In order to enhance your visit we ask you and your group to follow these
- Your safety is paramount. Please carefully follow the fire fighter’s
directions regarding safety. Wear co mfortable shoes with non-skid
- Children must be closely supervised. There should be at least one
adult for each five children. Children under the age of four are
discouraged from tours since they often are frightened by the excitement
and do not understand the tour.
- Tours will be scheduled on Mondays from 9 a.m to 11 a.m and 1 p.m to
4 p.m. List the time you prefer. We will call to confirm your request.
Please feel free to call and re-schedule. One week advance notice
- All children, ages 4 and 5, are to complete the ‘Play Safe! Be
Safe!’ education kit before attending a tour. These kits are available
for check-out at Station One, 1800 Broadway Avenue and can be returned
on the day of the tour. For further information, please see
- Tours generally last 30 minutes, and include visiting the fire
fighter’s living quarters, viewing fire and medical equipment and
discussing fire safety practices. You should plan your transportation to
and from the fire station on this time.
- Newer City fire stations comply with Washington state laws for
barrier-free design. Persons with disabilities should
contact us to discuss
any needed accommodations. If an interpreter is required, we will need
to be notified at least 48 hours in advance.
- Please do not bring food or drink into the fire station.
If you or your group would like something beyond the scope of our basic
tours, please feel free to ask.